|Salary:||Up to £25,000 (Dependent on experience)|
|Location:||West Midlands, Hereford|
Sentient Foams Ltd working in partnership with the University of
This position is part funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Role of: Project Engineer
Sentient Foams Ltd is part of a group of companies specialising in the development and manufacture of innovative products from highly absorbent materials.Sentient is a brand new Aliphatic foam which has exciting opportunities for use in Healthcare and Cosmetic applications.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
• BSc/ BEng in Chemical Engineering, Polymer science, Polymer Engineering, or Materials Science, ideally with a demonstrated background in chemicals/polymers used in medical devices.
• Preferably (but not essential) two + years’ direct relevant experience with ability to operate independently.
• Ability to analyse complex data sets and make product conclusions and recommendations.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Self-motivation, with the ability to set objectives and meet milestones for multiple projects.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate results and needs to technical colleagues and suppliers.
• Good teamwork and collaboration skill
Description of opportunity:
Sentient Foams Limited (SFL) is seeking a Project Engineer to join their technical team.
Working with the Technical Director and Production Manager, the
responsibilities of the role will include:
• Taking outline product designs through to scaled up products which meet market specifications, cost, quality, and productivity goals
• Product and process testing in accordance with guidance laid down by relevant medical device authorities
• Partnering with the manufacturing team to establish quality, validation and process optimisation trials for new products
• Presenting technical work to customers and to management within Sentient Foams
Training and Mentoring:
Sentient Foams will provide in-house training as necessary and fund external training which may be required, including Medical Regulatory knowledge. 6-Sigma training will also be supported as appropriate. The role will be mentored throughout by Professor Phil Cox from the University of Wolverhampton.
To apply for this exciting position, please send your CV and detailed cover letter via the apply now button no later than Monday 15th January, 2018. Please note that if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
£28,000 after training first year OTE, £45,000 London ASAP
£24,000 plus benefits East Midlands, West Midlands, Swadlincote ASAP
£25,000 plus generous pension Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands ASAP
Total reward package in the region of £34,000 to £38,000 South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, Scotland, Nationwide ASAP
£33,005 to £40,505 depending on experience London ASAP