Product Development Graduate Programme - Bakkavor
- £27,000 + bonus
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- 13th December 2019
- Start date:
- August 2020
- Job type:
- Graduate job
We are a world leading fresh food manufacturer and we are looking for the next generation of talented individuals to join bakkavor and drive our success
We are proud of our business and passionate about the food we make for the biggest names in supermarket retail.
If you share our passion for great food and our strong values then this company is for you
We have a diverse range of career opportunities and programmes available for you to kick start your career and make a real impact in the food industry
Great quality, innovation and insights are what make Bakkavor stand out. The Product Development team passionately works to identify the best products for customers and works closely with our Marketing and Commercial teams to partner with the customers, whilst aligning to internal operational teams to create excellent quality fresh food at a manufacturing scale.
We are one of the largest players in the fresh prepared food manufacturing industry. You'll find us in the factories and fridges across the land both in the UK and overseas, where we are establishing a fast-developing presence in the United States and China.
In total, we have 19,000 employees worldwide. In the UK, we are number one across all four categories within fresh prepared foods, Meals, Salads, Desserts and Pizza & Bread. Our customers include some of the best known grocery retailers who sell our products to consumers under their respective retailer brands. That's why we are proud to work with all the leading retail brands; it's what keeps us busy!
Our Product Development Programme
Graduates on this programme have the fantastic opportunity to shape the nation's table.
You are likely to work as a Development Technologist for the 2-year programme, working across two different locations with different customers or product categories as a part of a customer-focussed team, turning your passion for food, ingredients and ideas into products for the nation. You could be focussing on idea generation, recipe development, product trials and launches. An understanding of Manufacturing and the capabilities of the business are essential, to ensure the products are commercially viable and support the longevity of the customer partnership.
You will work side by side with our experienced and talented chefs, who'll give you the freedom to flourish whilst challenging your ideas. You will get at least three site visits in your first year, plus formal training in: Sensory Analysis, Culinary Skills, Leadership and Management, Category Management and Commercial Skills, Consumer and Market Trends
The target role for when you come off the programme is a Senior Development Technologist, on a career development plan towards a Product Manager role.
What you'll need
We are looking for graduates who can come up with exciting and commercially viable ideas, and who are fully up to date with knowledge around food trends and consumer tastes. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it's what keeps us ahead of the competition. You'll also need:
- Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in
a discipline that relates to Food (from food science to agriculture,
it’s a broad list)
• Three months' experience working in a professional type environment, a role within the food industry or manufacturing, or related to your chosen discipline (for example, a 3-month office internship)
• An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK
• A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
• Flexibility to complete two rotational placements, a minimum of two moves, maximum of three (move to first placement, and move to second placement which can be in any of our locations)
• Graduates who align to the Bakkavor Values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you'll receive:
• Starting Salary - £27,000 + £1,000 one-off signing on bonus, moving to £28,500 in Year 2 (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
• Pension Scheme
• Relocation Financial Assistance (for each graduate placement)
• Additional Holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
• Access to employee benefits - such as Zenith Car Lease scheme
A broad Support & Development Network
• A dedicated Champion for your functional programme
• A Mentor to support and guide your development
• You'll join as a Cohort, with up to 20 other graduates + our China Graduate Programme graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you
• A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
A Suite of Training & Development Opportunities
• Dedicated graduate leadership training events
• Programme Workshops and exposure to other functions
• Rotational Placements to broaden your experience
• Management Skills training
• Opportunities to further your development after the programme with Apprenticeship Qualifications
This is an accelerated programme into management roles, and due to Bakkavor's size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards senior leadership roles in the future
Reminder alert service: Create a reminder and we'll email ALERT you as soon as the Bakkavor roles go live so you can make your application as early as possible.
Bakkavor Group plc
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China.
Sign up for job alerts - its free