Procurement and Supply Chain Management Graduate Programme
About the programme
Do you know how many parts go into a submarine, aircraft carrier, tank or nuclear power plant? Whether designing, building, operating, managing or maintaining vital assets, one thing is certain: procurement and supply chain management lies at the heart of our operations and plays a pivotal role in our business success.
Procurement and Supply Chain Management at Babcock
Joining our Procurement and Supply Chain Management team presents you with a great opportunity to embark on an immensely varied career. You’ll learn about how we make build vs buy decisions, design supply chains, provide sourcing expertise and leverage third-party relationships to maximise value and support business growth. The members of our teams often say that there is no typical day in the life of a Procurement and Supply Chain professional. We touch every kind of project, so you might find yourself doing in-depth spend reviews, building sourcing strategies, supporting supplier innovation days, identifying value chain opportunities, conducting supplier performance reviews or supporting bids teams.
What you'll need
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and demonstrable interest in procurement or supply chain
- Be an ambitious self-starter who enjoys the challenges of a fast-paced and complex environment
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to drive change and results and a clear potential for inspiring others
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment).
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Where you'll be based
No matter which team you join, we ask all our graduates to be flexible and willing to move during their programme.
Babcock International Group
Babcock is an international defence company operating in our focus countries of the UK, Australasia, Canada, France and South Africa, with exports to additional markets. We operate as four main sectors - Marine, Nuclear, Land and Aviation.
Babcock International Group Interview Reviews
Graduate Trainee - Business Management - Babcock19 June 2017
Initially was a telephone interview, which lasted 20 minutes. At the assessment centre there was a one on one hour interview. Consisted of 9 competency questions which needed...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :procurement chain management graduate programme babcock international
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Project Management Programme May 2023 - Nationwide
Project Management Graduate Programme
5Babcock International Group
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Milwaukee Field Marketing Executives - Graduate Leadership Programme - Spring 2023
£27,000 + branded company vehicle + benefits + bonus
South East, South West, London, The East, North West, Scotland
Next - Trainee Merchandiser Graduate Scheme
The East, East Midlands, Leicester
Sponsored Sales Development Representative / Business Development Representative
£30,000 Basic, £47,000 OTE
Remote (work from home), London