PR & Communications Executive - (Closing Today)
- Entry Level Salary
- South East, London
- Apply by:
- 24th May 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Perfect role for someone looking to develop their PR career and progress in the role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and creative Communications Executive to join our friendly and dynamic team, based in the London Borough of Bromley. You will play a key role in planning, creating, executing and reporting on public relations activity across our client portfolio. You will also be working with our team to manage social media content, support trade activity and participate in general office tasks. Organisation, proven written and verbal communication skills, creativity, tenacity, attention to detail, ability to work to deadlines, flexibility and an interest in travel are a few of the skills and qualities that will be vital for this role.
What you will be doing
- Representing our clients to the media in the UK and Ireland, developing and maintaining relationships.
- Creation and distribution of press releases, newsletters, content and reports.
- Researching and developing story ideas and pitching them on the phone, by email and in person.
- Responding to journalist queries on the telephone, email and in person.
- Planning individual and group press trips – including liaising with the journalists and client’s PR team. Escorting group press trips as required.
- Planning for, organising and attending key media events, trade shows, consumer shows and client events. Escorting clients at these events as required.
- Creating social media content, monitoring and responding to feedback.
- Creating press coverage reports and media activity reports.
- Updating and maintaining media contacts.
- Contributing to the development of our website.
- Copy writing and proof reading as required.
- Assisting with venue finding, invitation creation, guest list development, event set up and attendance at client events.
- Assisting with general office duties as required.
Your skills will include
- A team worker with a positive attitude, able to thrive on multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills; able to communicate and present at all levels and across all channels in a confident, skilled and professional manner.
- A problem solver and creative thinker, who doesn’t give up at the first hurdle.
- A self-starter, who is organised with the ability to manage priorities in fast paced environment.
- A minimum of 6 months experience working in an office setting.
- Some experience in communications and public relations.
- Degree level education or media qualification.
- Familiarity with social media and various media communications.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The discipline of punctuality is fundamental to the smooth running of both the office and client events.
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience in the travel industry
- Familiarity with North America
- Full clean driving license
9:30 – 5:30 Monday – Friday
Plus some evening and weekend requirements for travel industry events. Possible overseas travel.
Please send your CV with a brief cover letter, via the apply button below by 10:00am Friday 24th May 2019.
Sign up for job alerts - its free