|Salary:||£19,305 to £21,996|
|Location:||South East, London, Central, The East, North East, Scotland, Nationwide|
|Sectors:||Management, Retail, Food & Drink & Catering, Buying & Merchandising|
Quench your thirst for knowledge
Join our Placement Trainee Manager Scheme!
This 52 week Placement Trainee Manager scheme will provide you with hands on experience in a retail environment and must be undertaken as part of your degree.
We want to make Majestic the only place people think about when they want to buy wine. So, if you've got a passion for wine, customers and operational excellence, we want you to apply and start an exciting and ambitious Placement year with the UK's largest wine specialist.
What will I be doing?
Our job at Majestic is to help customers discover and buy wines that they will love! You'll start your placement at the heart of our business as a Placement Trainee Manager.
Put simply, you'll spend your time -
Delivering exceptional service to every customer, in-store and out on deliveries in the van, so they keep coming back.
Using your growing wine wizardry to help us dispel the belief that wine is a pompous product, bring wine to life and help our customers find and buy wines they love.
Helping to run a smooth operation, ensuring your store is spick and span, fully stocked and a great place to shop.
Being a team player and contributing to your store success and sales targets.
Learning. With plenty of hands on experience and regular visits to the Support Centre, we'll arm you with all the knowledge you need to become a future retail guru. As for wine, through training, tastings and study we'll give you all the tools and support you need to sit the WSET Level 3, and pass with flying colours to become a fully fledged wine wizard.
At Majestic we are…
- People people. A natural leader, you're humble, more than happy to roll your sleeves up and muck in, and you enjoy working hand in hand within a close-knit team. And of course you like having fun.
- Customer champions. You live, think and breathe customer.
- Wine lovers. You certainly don't have to be an expert, but you have a real enthusiasm for learning about wine, and sharing that with our customers and your team.
- Natural salespeople. People want to buy from you.
- Doers. You have a strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability. You make things happen.
- Determined. Retail is hard work, it suits active people. You love and crave working relentlessly hard, and do it with a sparky, gutsy, determination.
- Smart. You are studying for a degree and possibly have releveant work experience too.
- Good drivers. You have held a full driving license (that's valid in the UK) for at least 12 months, and are over twenty years old.
- Committed. From working busy weekends to studying for industry-recognised wine qualifications, it's a long way from a Monday to Friday, 9 till 5 desk job.
- Passionate. We're a customer business, a retail business, a wine business and a people business. We love all 4, and you will too.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary and the opportinuty to be paid lots of bonus.
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- 20% staff discount, for you and two of our family or friends, free lunch Fridays and a 16-25 Youth Railcard
- Industry Leading Training and WSET Qualification, invites to wine tasting events and educational travel opportunities
- The opportunitiy for good performers to come back on a fast track management scheme.
The Recruitment Process
Apply online before February 1st 2017.
First interview in one of our stores or at the Support Centre in Watford, Hertfordshire with a Line Manager in February/March 2017.
Second Interview in one of our stores or at the Support Centre in Watford, Hertfordshire with a Regional/Recruitment Manager in March/April 2017.
If successful at each of three stages you will be offered a Placement in your desired area to start as close to your preferred start date as possible.
£20,248 plus benefits South East, Amersham, Coleshill, Aylesbury, Aylesbury Town Centre ASAP
£8.45 an hour Nationwide ASAP
£21,000 plus benefits Watford, London ASAP
£20,248 plus Bonus South West, Central ASAP
£20,248 plus Bonus South East, Haslemere, Fernhurst ASAP
competitive depending on experience Watford, London ASAP
competitive plus benefits Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits plus Bonus plus expenses plus share scheme salary review London ASAP
competitive plus benefits South West, Taunton, Yeovil, Bridgwater, North Petherton ASAP
Competitive South East Various
Competitive plus benefits plus Bonus International (Europe), London 1-Sep-2017
Competitive Ireland, Northern Ireland ASAP
Competitive plus benefits International (Europe), Nationwide Ongoing
£18k to £20k + uncapped commission & benefits South East, South West, London, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire ASAP
£22,000 to 25,000 depending on experience plus benefits London ASAP
£25000 to 30000 per annum, Excellent Benefits package West Midlands ASAP
£18k to £20k + uncapped commission & benefits North West, Manchester ASAP
£18k to £20k + uncapped commission & benefits Leeds, Yorkshire ASAP
competitive depending on experience Watford, London ASAP
£19,500 + Bonus plus benefits plus Bonus plus expenses plus share scheme salary review South East, Luton ASAP
£24,000 to £45,000 OTE + Benefits plus OTE London, Glasgow, Scotland ASAP
£24,000 to £45,000 OTE + Benefits plus OTE South West, London, Glasgow, Bristol, North West, Scotland, Manchester ASAP
£22,000 to £45,000 OTE plus OTE London, Glasgow, Central London, North West, Scotland, Manchester ASAP
£22,000 to £45,000 OTE plus OTE South West, London, Glasgow, Bristol, North West, Scotland, Manchester ASAP