|Salary:||£27,000 + benefits + Bonus|
|Location:||South East, Portsmouth|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Military & Defence|
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The role is based in the Radar and Microwave department within the Earth Observation, Navigation and Science business unit. The team is responsible for the development of active and passive microwave payloads and subsystems for Earth Observation remote sensing satellites.
The work scope of this group covers aspects of all parts of the life cycle from early concept studies through to support of space flight hardware. Opportunities will exist on a range of related activities, including research and development, proposals and feasibility studies; for a range of customers.
The role provides the potential to work on several projects with scope for growth and development. Candidates have the opportunity to bring innovative thought and novel ideas to the team and help shape the future of space instruments for Earth or planetary observation.
Within this role, you can expect to conduct the following activities;
• Systems engineering design and development for radar and microwave payloads.
• Working in multi-disciplinary teams to develop and deliver engineering solutions. This will involve interaction with customers, including the European Space Agency (ESA), Eumetsat and potential export customers.
• Analytical modelling / system performance modelling, systems design tasks and data analysis for active and passive microwave sensors and ground data processing. You will also contribute to proposals, research and development and feasibility studies.
• Generally employed as an assistant to more senior engineering staff performing design, analyses, development, integration and verification activities under their supervision. Either on one project or working with senior engineers on more than one project at a time. Tasks will typically be detailed engineering functions with associated documentation and internal presentation.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
• At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Space Engineering, Physics or related subject. An MSc in a relevant discipline is desirable.
• An interest in space and microwave remote sensing. ¤ Excellent team working skills.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Experience in the use of modelling tools, e.g. MATLAB, MathCAD, Labview, knowledge of C, C++
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
£25,499 to £29,999 Didcot, Blewbury, Central ASAP
£26,500 plus benefits South West, Malmesbury Various
£26,500 plus benefits plus Bonus South West, Malmesbury Various
Competitive depending on experience North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Manchester, Republic of Ireland Various
Competitive plus benefits South East, Central, Marlow 1-Sep-2018