|Salary:||£8.45 an hour|
|Sectors:||Customer Service, Retail, Sales|
Majestic Wine is the UK's largest wine specialist with over 200 stores nationwide and we offer the very best opportunities and training for our Sales Assistants.
At Majestic, we offer you the opportunity to immerse yourself into the wonderful world of wine and to delight our customers with our product, no matter what their mission is when they come into one of our stores.
As a Sales Assistant at Majestic, you will be an ambassador for the store in which you work, working with the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for every one of our customers. You will be a committed, enthusiastic and flexible member of the small team and happy to help out in all areas of the day to day running of the store. You will understand what it means to be part of a small, close-knit team, be happy to pull your weight, have a friendly and engaging personal style and have the confidence to talk to our customers about the wine we sell with the aim of making them want to come back for more.
To be one of our Sales Assistants, you must have held a full UK driving licence for at least 12 months as delivering wine to our customers is an important part of the role. Lifting and moving stock will also be part of the day job but so will tasting wine you have never come across before, having fun with the store team, and basically really enjoying what you do!
We want you to come and work for Majestic if you...
Pride yourself on delivering 5* customer service by tasting wines with customers at the tasting counter, helping customers find wines that they will love and also help to run a range of fun in-store tasting events.
Play your part in making sure the store always looks fantastic and is merchandised to the highest standard, so that it’s a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in. Your attention to detail is paramount as we’re always striving to make things better.
Are happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them. You will delight in going above and beyond to deliver a personalised service
Want to constantly improve your wine knowledge so you can share this with our customers. We help you do this by tailoring your induction and teaching you everything you need to help run a store. It doesn’t end there…you will also have access to our dedicated online learning portal to help you continuously develop your Majestic career.
Relish taking responsibility to run the store, after receiving your industry leading training, in the event that the Store Manager and Assistant Manager are taking time off
Are a real team player, who loves helping to make the team the best it can be. After your initial training, we put our trust in you from your first day in your store and you’ll always get our help and support if you need it.
Therefore we want you to have the following:
• 1+ year prior experience in retail sales (preferred).
• Strong communication skills. Sound computer skills to use our retail POS system, Word, Excel, internet, email and our state of the art Learning & Development system.
• The ability to regularly lift cases of wine weighing up to 18 kilograms when merchandising in store or carrying customer purchases to their cars.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and school holidays if needed.
In return, we will give you:
• At least the Living Wage hourly pay rate as Majestic is an accredited Living Wage Employer
• Industry leading training, including a fully paid induction in one of our stores of learning for several shifts before you start in your new store.
• The opportunity to study Wines and Spirits Education Trust Qualification/s as well as invites to wine tasting events and educational travel opportunities.
• Free shares to share in the future success of the business. 29 days holiday each year, (this will be pro rata'd if you’re part time and includes public and bank holidays).
• 20% staff discount, for you and two of your family or friends, free lunch on Fridays, cycle to work scheme and a free 16-25 Youth Railcard if you’re eligible.
• Access to the monthly bonus scheme for hitting your team’s target.
• A contributory company Pension Plan.
• Life assurance at 3 x your basic annual salary.
The working pattern will be discussed at interview and may vary according to the business needs but will include weekend/evening work and more hours may be offered at peak trading times.
£20,248 plus Bonus Central, Gloucester, Oxford ASAP
£20,248 plus Bonus South West, Central ASAP
£20,248 plus Bonus South East, Haslemere, Fernhurst ASAP
competitive depending on experience Watford, London ASAP
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide Ongoing
£25,000 plus benefits plus Bonus London ASAP
Competitive South East Various
£19,500 +Bonus West Midlands, Birmingham ASAP
competitive Northampton, East Midlands ASAP
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus The East, Peterborough Ongoing
£27,000 plus benefits Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits International (Europe), Nationwide Ongoing
competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire ASAP
£22,000 to 25,000 depending on experience plus benefits London ASAP
£18 to £20k per annum + uncapped commission plus benefits North West, Manchester ASAP
£18 to £20k per annum + uncapped commission plus benefits Leeds, Yorkshire ASAP
£9.50 PER HOUR London ASAP
£22,000 OTE £35,000 to £45,000 depending on experience plus Bonus London, Central London ASAP
£18k (£20k London) OTE £30K to £50K YR1 plus OTE South West, Bristol ASAP
£18k (£20k London) OTE £30K to £50K YR1 plus OTE North West, Manchester ASAP
£20000 to 28000 per annum, benefits West Midlands ASAP
£20,000 + Bonus (1st Year OTE £30k) plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses salary review London, Central London 1-Jun-2017