|Salary:||£9.75 an hour + benefits|
|Sectors:||Customer Service, Management, Retail, Sales|
Majestic Wine is the UK’s largest wine specialist with over 200 stores nationwide. As part of their continued growth, our friendly team in the Twickenham store are looking for two Store Assistants/Operatives.
As a Store Assistant/Operative in Majestic, you will be an ambassador for the store in which you work & you will play an integral role to the efficient running of the store. You will be an expert at keeping the store looking tidy; making sure our stock is put away efficiently & neatly, with no detail going unnoticed. Customer service will come naturally and you won’t hesitate to greet a customer as they come through the door.
The store can have up to five pallets of wine delivered on one given day, the successful Assistants will not be afraid of getting stuck in and will enjoy manual handling work. With training, you will quickly become an expert at organising & putting away many of our boxes of wine, as well as happy to be on hand to do a variety of tasks to support the wider team at busy periods.
The successful Store Assistant will be a committed, enthusiastic and flexible member of the team, who is happy to help out in all areas of the day to day running of the store. You will understand what it means to be a part of a small, close-knit team & happy to pull your weight , with a friendly and engaging personal style.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Putting stock away efficiently – you will be a ‘tetrus king’.
• Assisting with updating price points for price Change
• Visual Merchandising - making sure the store looks clean & tidy.
• Stockroom maintenance – helping to keep our stockroom ship & shape.
• Picking Deliveries – helping to prepare online orders, ready for delivery.
• Driving the van to deliver orders – delivering wines to all our lovely customers.
Qualifications and Skills
• Physical Fitness - the role involves manual handling heavy wine boxes (up to 9kg)
• A keen eye for detail - merchandising boxes in the shop to fit available spaces
• Previous retail experience desired but not essential.
• Excellent communication skills
• We are currently looking for two Store Assistants/Operative to work part time. Ideally both candidates will work 15 hours, working from 8.00 am – 12noon across four days. The exact working pattern and hours can be discussed at interview however there is flexibility on the working schedule.
• We pay the London living wage.
• 29 days holiday, calculated on a pro-rata basis
• Staff discount, up to 20%
• Free lunch Friday
• Wine tasting available
• Job Types: Part-time, Permanent.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
competitive plus benefits South West, Taunton, Yeovil, Bridgwater, North Petherton ASAP
£22,000 to £45,000 plus benefits plus OTE South East, London ASAP
£18,000 to £45,000 plus OTE plus Bonus London ASAP
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus Bradford, Yorkshire Ongoing
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus South East, Bracknell Ongoing