Collegiate Management Services Limited (Collegiate) is an underwriting and claims managing general agent (MGA) specialising in professional indemnity insurance in the UK. Collegiate is a wholly owned subsidiary of AMT Intermediaries Limited (AMT), forming part of AmTrust International. Collegiate underwrites its business primarily through AmTrust Europe Limited, but also has capacity with certain third party insurers. The claims team handle claims on behalf of AmTrust Europe as well as several other prominent participants in the UK professional indemnity market.
The primary responsibility is to provide support to Collegiate’s Underwriters and Claims handlers. A successful applicant must be a team player, quick to learn and keen to become part of a dynamic Operations team in London’s insurance industry.
The person performing the role will have responsibility for the following:
- Assisting underwriters and claims handlers
- Chasing renewal proposal forms
- Preparation of proposal forms for underwriters
- Inputting of proposal forms into rating spreadsheets
- Sending renewal invitations
- Inviting renewal from direct clients and brokers
- Processing policy adjustments and endorsements
- General support to the underwriting team
- Reinforcing AMT’s culture, values and behaviour (including ensuring adherence to AmTrust’s core values, namely Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Responsibility, Inclusion and Teamwork)
- Inputting new claims notified in respect of various insurance schemes into a bespoke claims system.
- Preparation of the file and allocation to a Claims Handler
- Operating a claims diary date system.
- Dispatching of monthly bordereau generated from the claims system to various underwriting entities
- Dealing with daily correspondence and obtaining files for claims handlers
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Reception cover as required by the company
- Marketing the department to potential clients
- General office duties for the group
- Ad hoc duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to A-level or degree standard
- Any insurance or operational experience would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Technical knowledge of MS Excel would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to work and achieve goals within limited time and resource constraints
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written
- Enthusiastic approach to work
- Strong level of numeracy
- Ability to work as part of a team
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
Collegiate Management Services
Collegiate Management Services (CMS) has been providing underwriting and claims management solutions to insurance companies for over 35 years and are now the UK's largest managing general agent/third party administrator.
Collegiate Management Services Interview Reviews
03 September 2018
My initial interview was with the Managing Director of the firm, which was scheduled to last for up to an hour, but actually lasted for two and a half! We had an initial chat...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :operations assistant insurance london underwriting underwriter claims collegiate management
People who applied for this job also applied for:
LGPS Central Ltd
West Midlands, Wolverhampton
Graduate Programmes - EY
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
2022 Consulting Graduate Programmes - KPMG
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train - Nationwide
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
Sales Executive – With or Without Experience
25000 to 27000
London, Hammersmith, Ravenscourt Park
Remote (work from home), South East, Hemel Hempstead