|Salary:||£27,000 plus a substantial benefits package|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Engineering, Finance, Energy & Utilities|
Ofgem is the regulator for Britain’s gas and electricity industries and is at the heart of activity that shapes the future of energy policy. This is especially significant given the current drive, at UK and EU level, to achieve a low carbon economy and ensure reliable, affordable and sustainable energy supplies. We operate in a rapidly changing energy environment with the impact of our work being far reaching.
Our graduate programme is no ordinary first step on the career ladder. This is an opportunity to work with some of the leading names in the field of Economics, to spend time in Europe learning about how regulation works on the continent and network with like-minded people at the Florence School of Regulation. On the Ofgem E-Serve side, you will help to deliver a low-carbon future through the administering of a number of environmental programmes and the delivery of sustainability projects.
The work you will be involved in is therefore high profile and you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your potential from the outset.
We are looking for graduates with an interest in the energy sector and a minimum 2:1 in a numerical, analytical, energy or business related discipline. This can include, but not limited to, Economics, Engineering, Business related, Finance, Geography or other energy or sustainability related disciplines. Candidates who would like to apply should have no more than two years post graduation work experience.
We want passion, drive and enthusiasm from our graduates. In your
suitability statement we will be looking for you to:
• Describe why you feel you are suitable for a graduate position at Ofgem, using skills knowledge and expertise as the evidence for your reasons
• Demonstrate a proven ability to communicate effectively with peers in both a verbal and written format
• Detail how you plan projects effectively
• Evidence your strong organisational skills
• Deliver strong capability to work well as part of a team
• Exhibit a willingness to learn and develop yourself
• Provide sound expertise in analytical and problem-solving skills in order to achieve positive results
• Show an established interest in the work of Ofgem – paying attention to work in the energy sector, climate change and/or regulation
If you are looking for a role which promises a powerful start to your career then please see our website via the apply now button for details of the scheme, a video from our past graduates and details on how to apply.
We are seeking graduates to join us in September 2018 and the programme runs for 18 months.
Candidates should be aware that the final assessment centres for this campaign will run on 22nd and 23rd March 2018 and anyone choosing to apply should be available to attend one of these dates.
Ofgem is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organisation that better reflects the community we serve. We therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds.
£23,500 South East, South West, London, Central, The East, Nationwide ASAP
£23,500 East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£21.000 – £24.000 plus benefits plus Bonus London ASAP
£35,000 and competitive benefits package London 23-Sep-2018
18k to 28k London ASAP