npower - Quantitative Risk Graduate Scheme
- £30,000 + benefits + bonus
- South West, West Midlands, Solihull, Swindon
- Apply by:
- 11th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
About the role:
Creating exceptional value products and services is what we do best here at npower. To do this, we manage hundreds of millions of pounds of financial risks each year; so, risk is a key focus for the business.
Over the course of 18 months, our expert training and support will help you become a specialist quantitative analyst. What’s more, you’ll learn to harness cutting-edge modelling techniques that will enable you to develop innovative solutions to the risks we face in the energy industry. Devising methods to tackle market, derivative, credit or operational risks will all be part of your role. You’ll also touch on pricing and setting trading limits, as well as designing and valuing transactions, like exotic hedges and sales.
Over 18 months, you will explore different placements such as:
• Structuring and valuation of risks in sales
• Structuring and valuation of risks in hedge transactions
• Portfolio risk modelling Risk controlling
Your placements will give you the opportunity to apply all your academic understanding of Quantitative Finance to real situations and take on real commercial issues. Also, the Scheme will provide you with a wealth of experience and you’ll be presenting your findings to senior management from the moment you start.
As a graduate on our Quantitative Risk Scheme, you will:
• Have strong analytical ability; able to grasp the detail and appreciate the wider context whilst making energy simple for our customers
• Demonstrate the confidence to make risk-based decisions and apply logical reasoning to solve complex problems. with imperfect information
• Display willingness and confidence to meaningfully engage with stakeholders
• Evidence a keen interest in analysing and interpreting numerical data.
• Identify how prioritisation of work, speed of thought and commerciality are essential to this Scheme.
You will require a Master's degree (or higher) related to Maths Finance (including Finance Modelling).
npower is one of Britain’s leading energy companies, and is part of the innogy group, one of Europe’s leading electricity and gas companies.
We serve around 4.9 million residential and business accounts with electricity and gas.
We have offices based across the UK and Europe, providing large selection of business areas for you explore as a graduate. We support agile working in the majority of our offices, which makes for a great work/life balance.
Our graduate schemes focus on finding tomorrow’s future leaders of the Energy Industry.
Our people are our business.
Please be aware that due to the popularity of this programme it may be necessary for us to bring the deadline forward so we would encourage you to complete and submit your application at your earliest convenience.
Sign up for job alerts - its free