npower - Commercial Analyst Graduate Scheme
- £26,500 with an excellent reward package + benefits + bonus
- South West, West Midlands, Solihull, Swindon
- Apply by:
- 11th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
About the role:
The scheme will allow you to complete a variety of placements over a 2-year period, giving you exposure to a range of commercial and analytical roles within our business segments. Each placement brings its unique challenge and opportunity for you to develop to become a future leader within npower.
The scheme is a dynamic Scheme within a fast-moving environment where commercial decisions need to be provided in an effective and efficient manner whilst maintaining a high level of engagement with stakeholders from across the business.
You will explore:
• Hedging (buying gas and electricity from the commodity markets)
• Market and industry pricing dynamics, applying best in class credit risk techniques
• Creating and managing new products and services for our large business customers
• Optimising big topics in the industry including the SMART metering journey.
• Being part of bid teams, structuring multi-million-pound tenders and gaining and utilising commercial awareness.
• Determining effective ways of working to maximise business efficiency.
As a Commercial Analyst graduate, you will:
• Have strong analytical ability; able to grasp the detail and appreciate the wider context whilst making energy simple for our customers
• Demonstrate the confidence to make risk-based decisions and apply logical reasoning to solve complex problems. with imperfect information
• Display willingness and confidence to meaningfully engage with stakeholders
• Evidence a keen interest in analysing and interpreting numerical data.
• Identify how prioritisation of work, speed of thought and commerciality are essential to this scheme.
You will require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any Analytical/Numerical subject.
npower is one of Britain’s leading energy companies, and is part of the innogy group, one of Europe’s leading electricity and gas companies.
We serve around 4.9 million residential and business accounts with electricity and gas.
We have offices based across the UK and Europe, providing large selection of business areas for you explore as a graduate. We support agile working in the majority of our offices, which makes for a great work/life balance.
Our graduate schemes focus on finding tomorrow’s future leaders of the Energy Industry.
Our people are our business.
Please be aware that due to the popularity of this programme it may be necessary for us to bring the deadline forward so we would encourage you to complete and submit your application at your earliest convenience.
Sign up for job alerts - its free