NHS Finance Management Training Scheme
We are looking for inﬂuential individuals who want a career in NHS ﬁnance, helping to deliver deeper value for money in an ever- changing organisation. If you want to work in the NHS and believe that you can make a difference, our 3 year graduate scheme based on work placements in a variety of healthcare organisations within your region, offers outstanding development opportunities which will challenge and reward you every day.
Successful candidates will be enrolled on a level 7 apprenticeship in accountancy and taxation with BPP.
The scheme will provide flexible, challenging and top-quality training and offers the opportunity to secure a permanent role in NHS finance in these regions at the end of the three-year training period.
Apprentices will be placed within the finance functions across organisations within their allocated integrated care system and will gain experience in a broad range of finance including financial services, financial management, financial accounting, financial planning and audit.
Benefits and what you can expect from the scheme:
- Level 7 apprenticeship in accountancy and taxation
- Fully funded professional accountancy qualiﬁcation* (currently ACCA)
- Salaried role with full beneﬁts package
- Three-year training contract
- Career development from day one
- Peer support and development with other trainees
- Annual leave of 27 days plus 8 public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme, inﬂation linked
- Generous study and exam leave
- Access to a wide range of training and development events
- Networking opportunities with senior ﬁnance staff
- Help with securing your ﬁrst job at the end of the scheme
- Ethical career choice
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
2.2 degree or equivalent qualification eg. AAT/NVQ with three years relevant work experience
Excellent numerical, writing, computer literacy (including excel), oral and presentation skills
- Genuine desire to work in the NHS in the South of England area
- Confident, positive outlook with a 'can do' attitude
- High Energy, initiative and motivated to succeed.
- Excellent communicator
- Drive and ambition to become a director of finance
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a verbal and numerical test online.
Following the online testing, successful candidates will be invited to attend an assessment centre. These will include a competency-based interview, presentation, written exercise and observed group exercise based on an NHS scenario.
Date and location of the assessment centre is as follows:
Date: To be confirmed
Location: Online, MS Teams
How to apply
Apply now by clicking here, or by using the 'Apply Now' button below.
Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) is the professional body for finance staff working in healthcare. For 70 years it has provided independent support and guidance to its members and the wider healthcare community.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :nhs finance management scheme healthcare financial association hfma
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Business & Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, West Midlands, Scotland, Yorkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Associate, Audit - ACA Training Programme
Audit Graduate Programme
HAT Group of Accountants
Accountancy and Finance Graduate Programme
10Babcock International Group
South West, Bristol
Graduate Finance Programme
East Midlands, Shirebrook