Networking Level 4 Apprentice
As a managed service provider, LCS Group has a diverse customer base ranging from micro businesses to Power Stations.
We are looking for a confident individual to join our expanding technical team with the opportunity to learn methods to deploy business networks and support infrastructure for a wide range of businesses.
Reporting to the Projects Manager / Service Desk Manager and mentored by our Technical Director, the candidate will have a unique opportunity to work in an agile team without the limitations of large organisations, giving them access to configure network hardware and equipment from day one along with a diverse range of software platforms.
On-the-job training will be provided by a team of Microsoft & ZyXEL accredited engineers with additional vendor training provided on top of the apprenticeship elements as part of a 2-year program.
- Responding to customer support issues within customer SLAs, providing break fix response to issues.
- Maintaining the organisations IT Asset register, ensuring accurate records of equipment and service users.
- Providing advice to customers on best practice to maximise the benefits of their IT investments.
- Remediation of daily support issues relating to on-premises and cloud infrastructure, with a focus on root cause resolution to provide permanent fixes.
- Monitoring of client servers & networks with a proactive approach to maintenance, identifying trends and deploying fixes in advance of issues.
- Escalation of issues unable to be resolved, repeat issues or new security threats to the Service Desk Manager.
- Ensuring compliance with service desk processes by customers, obtaining necessary approvals.
- Ensuring compliance is maintained with LCS security safeguards, best practice security methods and education of users to emerging and existing threats.
- Carrying out standard builds of workstations, configuring network equipment as required.
- Providing onsite support if necessary and assisting on onsite deployment projects.
What we are looking for:
The candidate should have the following attributes:
- Experience or interest in PC hardware, building machines and installing operating systems
- Networking devices in a home or learning environment
- Willingness to learn new skills throughout apprenticeship and beyond
- Confident communication skills
- Having a driving license is beneficial, but not essential.
- an A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
- OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Limited Interview Reviews
Entry Level Digital Technology Consultant15 January 2021
Business Analyst20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
Gateway Consultant04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :networking apprentice limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Euroclear Graduate IT Analyst - (Design, Build, Test and Support)
Graduate Software Sales Development Representative
£28,000 to £40,000 OTE
Celsius Graduate Recruitment
Milwaukee Field Marketing Executives – Graduate Leadership Programme – Summer 2023 - East Midlands