Navigation Data Analyst - NAVBLUE (Closing Soon)
- London, Nationwide, Walton-on-Thames, Hersham
- Apply by:
- 9th July 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, is the new generation of digital, user-friendly Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management solutions. Powered by Airbus’ pioneer spirit and infused with Navtech’s agility, it combines the best of both worlds.
A leading global provider of flight operations solutions serving more than 400 airlines and aviation service companies across all platforms, NAVBLUE has a proven track record in product innovation. With access to Airbus’ resources and data, NAVBLUE provides its customers with the best solutions based on the best data, fully supporting them in their digital transformation.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus and is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France) and Waterloo, ON (Canada), with offices around the world.
The Navigation Data Analyst will be involved in learning and developing skills to enable the day-to-day maintenance of the NAVBLUE UK Aeronautical Navigation Database carried out to the required specification and quality standards.
We will be holding a group interview on Tuesday July 9th, please only apply if you are available on this day
- Analysis of NOTAMs, AIP Amendments that promulgate changes to aeronautical data within the database
- Executing the changes in the database using text editors and database software
- Interpretation of the results of electronic quality control checks done on the data.
- Maintaining the database to the required specification and standard, ensuring that pre-determined deadlines are met
- Making use of electronic calculation and checking programs
- Answering customer queries relating to data supplied to them.
- Seek clarification of source data problems from various countries’ Aeronautical Information Departments.
- Liaise with the relevant departments for any queries including any State source data problems using the appropriate communication method.
- Ensuring good housekeeping, Health & Safety and Quality is maintained at all times.
- Educated to ‘A’ level or equivalent as a minimum
- Computer Data entry skills and a proven knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A basic knowledge of geography, cartography or air navigation is desirable, although it is expected that data encoding techniques will be developed through training on the job.
- Interest in aviation
- Proven ability to produce high standard of work required for safety critical data.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Collaborates effectively in a team environment
- Attention to detail & quality minded
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via the APPLY button below.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process.
Sign up for job alerts - its free