Military Secure Communications Graduate - Airbus
- £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000
- South East, Portsmouth
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The successful graduate will join a small team of experienced (Consultant) Systems Engineers and Analysts who are primality focused on UK Military Satellite Communications Services and Systems. This team has been key to the successful delivery and operation of the current Skynet 5 system, and is now providing the technical and analytical leadership for the next generation (SKYNET 6) programme.
The main activities of this role will include;
• The day to day Maintenance of the current set of Analysis Models;
• Lead the Development and Evolution of the current set of Analysis Models;
• Assist in the Definition and Production of new Analysis Models as required to support the SKYNET 6 programme (for the Next Generation of UK Milsatcom);
• Presentation of Analysis Results and Conclusions to Internal staff and External Customers;
• Contribute to Reports detailing the Analysis Models, Techniques employed and Results Achieved;
• Support the definition and derivation of Requirements and Architectures for Next Generation UK Milsatcom Systems and Services;
• Working within the Team and the wider programme community to assist with the adherence to System Engineering Processes;
• Supporting the overall System Engineering consistency of the resulting Specifications, Design, Implementation and Acceptance.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
• At a minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent in Digital
Telecommunications, Satellite Communications, Electrical/Electronic
Engineering, Physics or related subject;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Be proactive and comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team.
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Please note the application window will be from 17th September 2018 - 11th November 2018.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Sign up for job alerts - its free