|Salary:||£18,000 + benefits|
|Sectors:||Computing & IT, Internet & Digital Media, Marketing, Science & Technology, Media|
Location: Arc House, London
Assignment Type: Summer Internship – 8 weeks
Reports to: Rebecca Smith
Our Programmatic Display Marketing Internship will start in Summer 2018 and is open to
penultimate-year university students across all degree disciplines.
• Eight-week insight to our world of Programmatic Display Marketing
• Intensive training, Google AdWords Fundamentals qualifications, client work
• Opportunity to fast-track into our Graduate Scheme
Programmatic Display – never heard of it? Well, it’s the fastest-growing branch of digital marketing! It specialises in using intellectual technology platforms to efficiently place adverts online through a programmatic buying or real-time- bidding process. This engages hundreds of ad exchanges and publishers, and enables advertisers to show their Display ads to the right users at the right time.
Life on the Programmatic Display Marketing Summer Internship
• Complete the training programme and assist your client team on their account(s)
• Participate in a Programmatic Display Campaign Challenge, launching and optimising a campaign for a real client
• Gain exposure to strategy planning, performance analysis, bid management and optimisation and reporting for our clients
• Receive one-on- one mentorship from an experienced Programmatic Display Account Manager
• Attend meetings, training sessions and 1:1s with your mentor and manager
• Successfully become Google AdWords Certified
• Take part in an immersion session at Google’s offices
• Present to your fellow interns and management in the final week
Upon completion of the internship, you may be given an opportunity to directly secure a place on our graduate scheme!
What we’re looking for in you
We’d love for curious, ambitious and passionate students to join our Internship
The skills we’re looking for candidates to demonstrate are:
• Impressive grades, both accomplished and predicted
• Numerically-minded, with a basic understanding of Excel
• Our campaigns decisions are made based on data, so logical thinking is key
• Must be patient, hard-working and eager to learn
• Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, write clear emails and memos and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
• Ability to balance high-quality standards with schedule pressures and the capability to work both independently and within a team
• Must have a strong grasp of numbers, be comfortable with simple statistics and be interested in learning the ins and outs of online direct marketing
• Should have a baseline knowledge of digital industry trends
Finally, passion, ambition and curiosity are all great traits in any candidate as they demonstrate your ability to be a good team-player who will contribute to our ongoing success. At the point of application, the candidate must have the right to hold a full-time working position in the UK.
About Merkle | Periscopix
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as
part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven
digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which
specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across
platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are
proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in
the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses
internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the
largest Global media companies, in 2016.
This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services. The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katherine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
A few of the benefits
We’re committed to ensuring that you’re learning new skills, being challenged whilst also
feeling valued and supported. We’re proud of our company values and culture; we have
regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work.
Some of our benefits include:
• Fantastic training and mentorship programme
• Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
• Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, etc)
• Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
• Fun clubs including Yoga/Pilates, Football Teams and Book Club
• On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
• The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month (we try a new place every month)
• On Fridays at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
Merkle | Periscopix are proud to have consistently featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For. We take great pride in this as it’s awarded as a result of employee feedback – we’re committed to maintaining a positive and enjoyable workplace.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
£30,000 pro rata London, Central London 12-Jun-2018
£30,000 pro rata London, Central London 12-Jun-2018
£14,664 (per annum) London ASAP
£20,000 (per annum) London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits plus OTE London Various