Member Relations Intern | Insurance | Central London
- £18,864 (per annum)
- Apply by:
- 5th January 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
Our client is the voice of the UK's world leading insurance and
long-term savings industry. A productive, inclusive and thriving sector,
they are an industry that provides peace of mind to households and
businesses across the UK and powers the growth of local and regional
economies by enabling trade, risk taking, investment and innovation.This
is a 3 month internship paying London Living wage.
What does the company do?
Our client are the leading trade association for driving positive policy and regulation change in the insurance and long term savings industry. They develop policy solutions for challenges facing society - such as how to insure automated cars and giving the public more transparency around their pensions. They work with government, regulators and policymakers, both in the UK and internationally.
How you can expect to spend your day:
• Research ongoing developments and the latest news on member firms and effectively communicate that information internally to colleagues.
• Research and provide high quality data analysis of opportunities in the insurance and related business markets.
• Stay on top of member news and keep the CRM database up to date.
• Work in collaboration with colleagues, in particular in Events, Finance and Directorate Support, to ensure accurate data is collected.
• Help the Events team run member events - this could be anything from managing the registration desk to member liaison and relationship management.
• Provide ad hoc research and analysis for briefings.
The ideal intern's personality and qualifications:
It's essential you've had some experience of producing research and analysis - either in your studies or at work - as you'll help keep our member profiles up to date and accurate.
You'll need to be inquisitive about the world around you. If you spot a problem, you'll be the type of person that goes away and researches it and comes back with a few ideas on how to tackle the issue.
As you'll be talking to all members and potentially taking care of members at events, a natural, confident communication style is a must.
Given we work with the UK insurance market, you'll need to be curious about the industry and interested in building a career in a corporate environment.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
We have daily fresh fruit, a buddy scheme and a terrace with incredible views of the City. In addition, our Sports and Social Committee arrange fantastic events throughout the year.
Our employee benefits package includes:
• 25 days annual leave
• Group Personal Pension Plan paying a sum equal to 8% of your annual salary into the plan each month
• Death in Service/Life Assurance Scheme
• Income Protection Insurance Scheme
• Annual BUPA health checks
• Season Ticket Loan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Annual eye test
• As well as our core benefits, we also offer additional benefits which employees can purchase at any time, these include:
• Additional annual leave
• Discounted and subsidised gym membership
• Dental insurance cover
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to Work scheme
Sign up for job alerts - its free