|Sectors:||Consultancy, Engineering, Science & Technology|
Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovate services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity. Our unique combination of people, technology and assets enables us to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility.
For over 150 years our name has been synonymous with innovation. Inventions like porous asphalt and self-levelling concrete have helped shape the world we live in. Now we are helping to reshape it, with new solutions to overcome new challenges.
A career at Tarmac isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our graduate development programmes provide relevant, hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Mechanical Engineering Graduate you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
• Bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Company Car (role dependant)
• Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
• Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
• As our ideal Mechanical Engineering Graduate you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated.
• You will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject with a minimum achievement of a 2:1 classification.
You will be an individual;
• Who understands and prioritises safety
• Who strives for excellence working to high technical standards
• Who enjoys working in teams with excellent communication skills
• Who can work to deadlines and under pressure
What might my two-year programme entail?
The role of Mechanical Engineering Graduate will be reporting to the Operations Director and form part of the team covering the Blocks Product Line within Tarmac Building Products throughout the UK, across 9 sites.
The Tarmac Blocks team are offering a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Graduate Mechanical Engineer to build on their existing academic achievements. Development within the Blocks business will provide both practical experience and formal training to help you fulfil your potential. We will equip you with the business management and technical skills required for the role and as part of your on-the-job training you will spend time with all key functions within the Business.
Our goal is to ensure no one is harmed working for or with Tarmac, safety is paramount to our business. You will gain knowledge, understanding and practical application of all our safety policies, procedures and practices relevant to the role. You will be expected to take an active role in leading, driving safety and helping to improve our standards across our sites.
You will develop understanding of our mechanical engineering processes and objectives, this will include maintenance, investment projects and improvements to meet our business’s objectives.
On the job, you will:
• Participate in engineering planning and job preparation
• Engage in using established engineering techniques such RCA and FMEA to develop improvements and engineered solutions.
• Develop detailed knowledge of the various production process’ within the business
• Carry out day-to-day repair and maintenance of equipment
• Take a leading role on specific assigned projects based around maintenance and reliability
• Take ownership and accountability of your assigned tasks
• Engage in capital project development from scope through to implementation.
• Develop business understanding through working in collaboration with key stakeholders within various business departments.
• You must be prepared to travel across multiple locations and be flexible in working location across our sites within the UK as required.
As part of the programme you will develop your skills in:
• Safety management
• Cost control and forecasting
• Engineering Management
• Project Management
• Block Production process’
• Problem solving
• Team working
• Supervisory/people management
• Decision making
• Commercial and other business function awareness
• Working under pressure
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Mechanical Engineering Graduate, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
£26,500 plus benefits South West, Malmesbury Various
£26,500 plus benefits plus Bonus South West, Malmesbury Various
Competitive depending on experience London, Central London, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland ASAP
£32,994 to £39,165 depending on experience London ASAP
£23 to 25k + £3k OTE + BUPA Healthcare plus OTE South East, Guildford ASAP