Mechanical Engineering Graduate Programme
About the programme
Mechanical Engineering is not one area, but many. Over the course of two to four years, you’ll get to experience the breadth of our work. You might be tackling submarine design projects or warship refits. Equally, you might be working on complex marine projects, fleet maintenance, rail engineering or nuclear programmes. The possibilities are incredibly varied.
Mechanical Engineering at Babcock
You could work in anything from mechanical design right through to manufacture, installation and decommissioning. Equally, you could work on analysis and problem-solving for existing equipment or systems. What’s not in doubt is that there will be plenty of onsite work, such as implementing designs, finding solutions to installation issues, and liaising with designers and office-based engineers. You’ll also get involved in project management too, engaging with stakeholders, planning delivery and ensuring projects run to budget and programme.
What you'll need
- A BEng (Hons) degree. And because the programme may be accredited by the IMechE, IET, RINA (RP) and IMarEST, it is desirable that your degree is accredited by one of those institutions too
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment).
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Where you'll be based
No matter which team you join, you could be based anywhere in the UK. That’s why we ask all our graduates to be flexible and willing to move during their programme.
Babcock International Group
Babcock is an international defence company operating in our focus countries of the UK, Australasia, Canada, France and South Africa, with exports to additional markets. We operate as four main sectors - Marine, Nuclear, Land and Aviation.
Babcock International Group Interview Reviews
19 June 2017
Initially was a telephone interview, which lasted 20 minutes.
At the assessment centre there was a one on one hour interview. Consisted of 9 competency questions which...