Mazars Tax Graduate Trainee (Industry & Services and Financial Services) - September 2023
Overview of the Tax service line
At Mazars we'll help you build on your expertise, experience and ambition to develop a rewarding and successful career in a collaborative and fun team. We want you to be your best self, to bring your ideas and creativity and to feel inspired as part of our national tax team.
We provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping our clients to navigate the complexities of tax codes, often in multiple jurisdictions, and to help them ensure they are fulfilling all their obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In this way we help them to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make properly informed decisions about their tax position whether they are an individual, a business owner or a corporate organisation. We also help clients resolve any disputes they have with the tax authorities as swiftly as possible.
We cover every aspect of taxation for clients, whether on employment, corporate profits or gains, movements of individuals or businesses from one country to another, international transactions or on personal income, gains or wealth.
An introduction to our Industry & Services and Financial Services:
Our team focuses on our corporate clients, meeting their tax needs in an environment of fast paced economic change, combined with complex and changing legislation both in the UK and overseas. Our corporate clients range from listed multinationals, large international owner managed businesses and clients in the financial services sector.
We are using a hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required, as well as other Mazars offices in the UK or overseas (government guidelines will be followed) or studying for your professional exams.
You will be provided an opportunity to work with colleagues in different tax disciplines during your time on our graduate programme, resulting in a broad understanding of the specialist services we can offer our clients. Your role will focus on working with clients in the Industry & Services market (across a range of sectors) and the Financial Services market.
The role of a Tax Trainee is to assist with the preparation of company's corporation tax computations and returns and to ensure that they show a true representation of the company's tax position and provide bespoke advice to clients on their tax affairs ranging from due diligence and structuring on transactions to restructurings and reorganisations to cross-border tax matters.
During your first two years you will:
- Learn how to use tax software and systems in order to prepare a corporation tax computation and return.
- Develop a thorough understanding of financial statements and the nature of the clients' business in order to complete the corporation tax computation to the best of your ability.
- Be able to obtain relevant information from other departments and clients whilst building good communication with both.
- Be able to help write reports and produce other client deliverables to assist the client in explaining issues, risks and solutions in easily understandable language that they can act on.
By the end of year three you will:
- Work on a range of different advisory engagements across UK tax covering a range of technical areas
- Develop a strong technical knowledge of the UK tax legislation, specifically across corporate taxes
- Coach and lead more junior team members on advisory engagements
- Understand the way in which different corporate entities operate across a range of sectors
- Work directly with our clients and begin developing relationships with those clients to deliver on repeat engagements
- Begin to manage advisory engagements, including planning, budgeting and project managing different service lines
- Develop a strong understanding of our control and risk management procedures
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important; however, we understand that things don't always go to plan. Our recruitment process looks at your whole self – academic achievements as well as other experiences in which you have grown and developed. We balance your academic results alongside the aptitude assessment within our recruitment process to ensure that you will be successful in your role with us.
We will fund your study towards the combined ACA/CTA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars.
- Annual Leave +
- Charitable Giving
- Dental Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits
- Virtual GP
- Cycle to Work
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits +
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
external audit graduate trainee21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
Graduate Internal Auditor19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
Public Sector Internal Audit06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass.
Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :mazars tax graduate trainee industry financial september
People who applied for this job also applied for:
MDS Graduate Scheme - Nationwide
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Business Development Graduate - Heathrow
£33,000 + Area Allowance (£2,700 per annum for Heathrow)
Sales Development Representative / Business Development Representative
£30,000 Basic, £47,000 OTE
Remote (work from home), London
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - Central London
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
Remote (work from home), London, Mayfair (north), Grosvenor Square
Graduate Sales Executive
£24K to £50K
Celsius Graduate Recruitment
Remote (work from home), London