Marketing Operations Industrial Placement
Brackley, United Kingdom
At the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, a group of passionate and determined people work to design, develop, manufacture and race the cars driven by seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton and Grand Prix winner George Russell.
Whether working in our Operations, Technical, Race or Business Support functions, we are all in and aspire to build the greatest team in the history of our sport.
Every individual plays their part. No stone is left unturned in the chase for every tenth of a second. The history of our sport is long and rich, and we are continuing our journey with renewed effort year on year. Record books remember the names of a few, but history is written by the many.
About the Role:
Under the supervision of the members of the Marketing Operations Department, assist the Partnerships, Hospitality, Event, Merchandise and Clothing teams with tasks to assist in the efficient organisation and smooth functioning of operations related to the team and Partners. In particular:
- Support Marketing Operations functions across Formula One with the
development of marketing material including brochures, toolkits and key
documents for Partner and internal use, ensuring they are complete and
kept up to date.
• Support Partnership Management teams with planning and implementation of marketing activations.
• Support the Hospitality & Event teams with the planning, organisation and implementation of events and guest programmes
• Support the Partnership and Hospitality teams to capture, track, document and report on the delivery of activations and contractual entitlements
• Organisation and management of Dept. operational assets and gifts, managing stock control and reordering to maintain operational efficiency with minimal waste
• Work with senior members of the Marketing Operations team to implement and manage processes that contribute to the efficient working practices of the team
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience working in an office environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Interest in sports marketing with a history that shows an education or extracurricular activities that align with the experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Business, Marketing and/or Events experience.
- Able to work an organised way being able to multi-task and prioritise work in a fast-paced, busy office environment
- Ability to work at all levels within an organisation and balance strategic administrative roles with a practical hands-on work.
- Ability to build good internal and external relationships and to be a team player
- A proven ability to work effectively as part of a team who enjoys working in a high achieving and yet demanding environment.
- Whilst an interest in motorsport is advantageous, an interest in sport marketing and operations is important along with a passion for learning and being part of a team. Whatever your background, we believe that you will find your placement with us a memorable and enriching experience.
- We are looking for a driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and energy as well as being results orientated. Given the nature of the company’s business a flexibility in hours and approach is required along with the ability to work under minimum supervision with a “can-do” attitude.
- As a team we are always striving to improve and therefore the ability to take on feedback and the continuous desire to improve is needed, as well as a flexible approach to work given the variety of areas the successful candidate will be required to work in.
Skills you could gain from your placement include:
- Knowledge and understanding of the breadth of marketing rights offered to partners within Formula One
- How to support in the planning and delivery of a range of partner activations, including but not limited to; driver PR days; at-track and off-track hospitality programmes; and showcar installations
- The importance of both internal and external relationship management when it comes to developing positive working relationships
- The intricacies of partner branding and its associated value
- The various processes around both race team and factory-based clothing requirements
- Organisational skills and planning around marketing operations projects, such as hospitality builds, as well as show car and other asset programmes
Our riverside campus is powered by 100% renewably sourced energy and features an on-site gym and exercise studio, subsidised restaurant and on-site parking with EV chargers available.
We offer a competitive and attractive package of benefits including private medical cover, annual heath assessments, life assurance, 25 days holiday and a trackside familiarisation day.
At the heart of our performance are our people. Every member of our team has a voice and plays their part in contributing to our successes on and off the racetrack.
Through our Accelerate 25 programme, we are continuously working to make our team even more diverse and inclusive. Whatever your background, we believe that you will find working with us rewarding and enriching.
We welcome applications from everyone and are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the best and most talented individuals. We will look to provide sponsorship to candidates who require a visa to live and work in the UK, subject to meeting all the necessary Home Office requirements.
Recruitment timings and process:
Typically, our Industrial Placements are for a thirteen-month period starting in July 2024.
All assessments in the recruitment process are in English: this is the primary language used within the organisation and you need a good level of written and spoken English in the Industrial Placement role.
This position is office-based, at our campus in Brackley, United Kingdom.
Please submit your cover letter and CV as one PDF. Candidates will also be asked to complete our Industrial Placement questionnaire as part of the application process. You may apply for more than one placement but please note that you will have to complete the questionnaire for each application.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 26 September 2023 at
23:59 British Summer Time.
Click here to apply today, or via the apply button below!