Manufacturing Graduate Programme
Bakkavor Graduate Programme
WE ARE A WORLD LEADING FRESH FOOD MANUFACTURER AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF TALENTED INDIVIDUALS TO JOIN BAKKAVOR AND DRIVE OUR SUCCESS
WE ARE PROUD OF OUR BUSINESS AND PASSIONATE ABOUT THE FOOD WE MAKE FOR THE BIGGEST NAMES IN SUPERMARKET RETAIL.
IF YOU SHARE OUR PASSION FOR GREAT FOOD AND OUR STRONG VALUES THEN THIS COMPANY IS FOR YOU
WE HAVE A DIVERSE RANGE OF CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AND PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO KICK START YOUR CAREER AND MAKE A REAL IMPACT IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY
We use materials, labour and equipment to create thousands of high-quality fresh products every day. Your challenge… to get them all together in the right place, in the right quantity, to be delivered at the right time. If you are looking for a career that gives you real accountability and an incredible level of variety our Manufacturing Graduate Programme could be just right for you.
We are one of the largest players in the fresh prepared food manufacturing industry. You’ll find us in the factories and fridges across the land both in the UK and overseas, where we are establishing a fast-developing presence in the United States and China.
In total, we have 20,000 employees worldwide. In the UK, we are number one across all four categories within fresh prepared foods, Meals, Salads, Desserts and Pizza & Bread. Our customers include some of the best-known grocery retailers who sell our products to consumers under their respective retailer brands. That’s why we are proud to work with all the leading retail brands; it’s what keeps us busy!
Our Manufacturing Programme
The beating heart of our business. Operations covers a broad core part of the organisation, and are responsible for delivering high quality, innovative products to our customers on a massive scale! The programme is 3 years in length (3 x 12-month placements), sat within our Manufacturing Career Path and most likely based within the factory for a majority of the time, across 3 different locations. You are likely to have supervisory responsibility from the very beginning and need to learn the importance of being a great team manager who engages their colleagues, whilst maintaining and setting high standards for operational excellence, food safety and health & safety.
Your target role for when you come off the programme is a Manufacturing Section Leader or Manager, on a development plan towards a Senior Section Manager within Manufacturing. Within 5-7 years of starting, with strong focus and development, it is likely you will enter a Factory/Operations Manager role.
What you’ll need
We are looking for a strong ambition to develop your career within Manufacturing and Operations, with aspirations to become an Operational Leader. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends. You’ll also need:
- Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
- Three months' work experience
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK
- A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
- Flexibility to complete three rotational placements, a minimum of two moves, maximum of three (placements can be in any of our locations)
- Graduates who align to the Bakkavor Values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
- Starting Salary - £27,000 + £1,000 one-off signing on bonus, moving to £28,500 in Year 2 and £30,000 in Year 3 (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
- Pension Scheme
- Relocation Financial Assistance (for each graduate placement)
- Additional Holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
- Access to employee benefits – such as MyDrive Car Lease scheme
A broad Support & Development Network
- A dedicated Champion for your functional programme
- A Mentor to support and guide your development
- You’ll join as a Cohort, with up to 20 other graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you
- A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
A Suite of Training & Development Opportunities
- Dedicated graduate leadership training events
- Programme Workshops and exposure to other functions
- Rotational Placements to broaden your experience
- Management Skills training
- Opportunities to further your development after the programme with Apprenticeship Qualifications
- This programme acts as a route into senior leadership roles, and due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards these roles in the future
Our graduate programme is for people who can think bigger and grow faster. We created it to develop the future-leaders and shapers of our business. To learn more and apply online, click Apply Now.
After applying, you can expect to complete some initial questions around some relevant scenarios at Bakkavor, followed by an online psychometric test and a non-live video reflection. If successful, we will invite you to an assessment centre in January or February. These interviews are for a September 2022 start on the programme.
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive sufficient applications for a programme. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Bakkavor Group plc
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :management jobs london manufacturing graduate programme bakkavor plc
People who applied for this job also applied for:
MDS Graduate Scheme
£22,000 to £23,000
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, International (Europe)
Human Resources Graduate Programme
£27,000 + £1,000 one off signing on bonus
Bakkavor Group plc
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Consulting Graduate Scheme - Summer 2021
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
Systems Graduate Programmes - BAE
BAE Systems PLC
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
2022 Graduate Business Management Scheme
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, North East, Verwood, Nuneaton, Durham, Liverpool city centre
Graduate Teaching Assistants
£12,000 plus full board and lodgings.
Berkhamsted Schools Group