Manufacturing Engineering Undergraduate 2023
MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the Future of Defence.
Manufacturing Engineering 10 month Undergraduate Placement
Manufacturing Engineering is part of the Operations directorate based at our Manufacturing Centre of Excellence. Manufacturing consists of Assembly, Integration and Test of all our products for the company. The products we make are delivered directly to the customer/end user and therefore manufacturing are vitally important to the delivery aspects of MBDAs business.
What's the opportunity?
Manufacturing engineers work closely with design to influence the producibility of designs. They are also responsible for the ‘how' we build our products including being responsible for:
- Any tooling required to build our products.
- Instructions on how to build our products.
- The cost of manufacture of our products.
- The industrial validations of our production lines and our suppliers.
- Day-to-day support of our operators building our products.
- The architecture of the production lines.
- Developing new manufacturing processes.
Each day for a manufacturing engineer is different, it is a mix of time spent on the shop floor and office based working. There are also opportunities to travel to other MBDA sites and countries, plus visiting suppliers. As part of dynamic working there may be opportunities to do some work remotely, however due to the nature of the job, there will always be a requirement to work on site some of the time.
In Manufacturing, you are also able to not only see but also be part of the realisation of our products.
Entry criteria, Salary and Start Date
- Studying towards a degree in Physics or Maths or various Engineering degrees (Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Systems, Electrical/Electronic and General).
- An ‘Engineering Mind-set'. This is the ability to take technical information and turn it into something that can be used in building our products, the ability to find improvements and cost saving in the production of our products, the problem solving when something needs fixing.
- Training in the use of tools will be provided, as necessary, but previous use of tools such as Simul8, MRP tools (SAP), Engineering Drawing tools (Creo), Configuration Control would be an advantage.
- £20,000 salary (pro rata)
- 10 month placement to start September 2023
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Apply now by clicking here, or using the 'apply now' button below.
MBDA UK Limited
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multinational group with 10,000 employees at industrial facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain and the United States.
MBDA UK Limited Interview Reviews
28 July 2017
The initial interview was very much standard, with standard interview questions. Ensure you read the competencies they are looking for before hand, and make sure you come up with...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :manufacturing engineering undergraduate mbda limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Mechanical Engineering Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, London, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Nationwide, Warrington, Belfast, Bristol, Leicester, Plymouth
Manufacturing Engineering Graduate 2023
3MBDA UK Limited
North West, Bolton
Process Engineering Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, North West, Scotland, Nationwide, Warrington, Bristol
Manufacturing Graduate Programme
Jaguar Land Rover
West Midlands, Wolverhampton, Birmingham
Manufacturing Graduate 2023
South West, East Midlands, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary