Management Trainee, Chambery, France
We are looking for a handful of bright graduates to fill a number of
Management Trainee roles in our European Tourism and Hospitality group.
Nearly all posts will be based in France. Start-date negotiable.
Our 12 or 24-month program provides a hands-on, well-rounded employment
experience - working at the Head Offices in London and Chambery
(France), in luxury chalets and villas in France and Spain, family
hotels and apartment complexes, Chateaux and restaurants.
Our Management Trainee program has run for 30 years and indeed, nearly of the senior management of the group started their careers on the scheme.
Job & Candidate Profile:
As a Management Trainee, you will report directly to one of the Company Directors or Managers, often acting as their Personal Assistant on a wide range of tasks. Training is very much on-the-job; it is a flexible and evolving programme which is regularly adapted to the needs of the business, and to the strengths and weaknesses of the individual. The aim of the programme is to provide Trainees with comprehensive and varied training in all aspects of the tourism and hospitality industries. It is not for the feint-hearted, nor for those who seeking a Mon to Friday existence.
Within the programme, there will also be opportunities to work in our resorts (winter and summer).
The programme is available to both applicants who are either seeking "real-life" work-experience in France for twelve months, and to those who wish to forge a longer-term career. A successful traineeship could lead to substantial career progression.
The candidate will:-
· ideally have a 2:1 degree from a Russell-group or similar university
· be fluent in French - it is preferable that candidates have studied French at degree level. However, those with a very good level of French but with no formal qualification will also be considered.
· have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
· be confident and able take initiative
· be flexible in working hours and days
· have a track record of achievements and reliability
It is difficult to compare, in financial terms, the Management Trainee salary with, for example, a London Graduate Training Scheme. London is expensive and salaries match it. The costs of living at our French based office are significantly lower. Accomodation is provided for the first three months and when working at a resort hotel.
· Starting salaries range from:
· E21,000 (2.1) - E24,000 (1st class degree) per annum, for overseas based staff
· 28 days holiday per year, inclusive of bank holidays.
· Significant discounts on some of our resort accommodation for yourself and family.
· Accommodation & meals can be provided, by one of our overseas partners, at subsidised cost. First 3 months accommodation provided.
· Access to best value ski equipment hire, lessons etc
We recruit Management Trainees at all times of the year, but especially in the months preceding a ski or summer season.
Initially, the contract is for one year. Assuming the initial contract goes well, either a continuation of that contract or a renewal on new terms will be granted.
If you are interested by this exciting and diverse opportunity, please contact us via the graduate-jobs.com "Apply now" button.
Interview will initially be a phone, followed by a face-to-face interview in our London office or video call.
Purple Ski Ltd
Catered luxury ski chalet holidays in Meribel, Val d'Isere & Courchevel from Purple Ski, a premier luxury chalet operator since 1991.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :management trainee purple ski ltd
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - Central London - Trident
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
Graduate Recruitment Consultant - London
7Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
Recruitment Consultant - London
20000 to 50000
G2V Recruitment Group Ltd
Foxtons Trainee Estate Agent
£24,500 +Uncapped commission+company car
Graduate Sales and Marketing Executive
£22000.00 to £25000.00 per annum
We Are Aspire Limited
Business Graduate Scheme - Lloyds of London