Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Programme - Finance (Scotland)
- £31,000 plus a great range of benefits
- Scotland, Edinburgh
- 14th November 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Graduate programme: Finance Scotland
Duration: 3 years’
Salary: £31,000 plus a great range of benefits
Qualifications: We’ll support you to become a chartered accountant through ICAS.
Bring a positive can-do attitude, a willingness to learn, and a commitment to making a difference to the way we work.
Help us rewrite the rules in financial services
New technologies, new ways of working and new goals. Lloyds Banking Group is changing the way we help 26 million personal customers, 1 million businesses, and communities across the UK, and Finance teams are at the heart of this change. They’re the trusted advisors to our businesses, sharing analyses and trends that guide our strategic decisions as we work to become the bank of the future. We’re searching for new talent to join them and help us grow. If you’re looking for a career with impact – we have a job for you. And the great news is you don’t need a business or finance degree to come and work with us.
About the programme
Our Finance Scotland Graduate Programme is based solely in Edinburgh. Here, you’ll complete three placements over three years in a variety of areas from Treasury to Financial Planning that will help you develop a well-rounded skill set and equip you for life after the programme. To apply for this role, select Finance (Scotland) from the programme list on the application page.
During our Finance graduate programme you will work in:
- Core Finance - Understand and contribute to the core purpose of the Finance function within Lloyds Banking Group
- Insight & Analysis - Deliver analysis and insight, working independently and presenting information tailored to stakeholders
- Business Partnering – Become a Finance Specialist and lead relationships with both the business and finance community with responsibility for local decisions
Day to day you could be:
- Reviewing business decisions across Lloyds Banking Group – from finance to business improvement and contributing ideas about ways we can work more efficiently
- Learning about regulatory frameworks and our businesses so you can start to provide high-quality financial advice and insights to internal customers
- Performing core finance activities including forecasting, reporting, profitability modelling and business case development
- Helping to prepare month end reports by providing various pieces of analysis to team members
- Preparing key presentations such as strategic and financial updates or investor slides, that are backed by sound figures and which give insightful commentary on financial metrics
- Performing deep-dives on specific elements of the business and building a solid understanding of product portfolios
- Using new technology, models and data to improve the quality of our insights
- Building strong and lasting relationships with colleagues across all levels of the business
- Analysing the banking industry to understand the impact, risk and opportunity for Lloyds Banking Group.
People work best when they feel happy and valued. That’s why you’ll receive the tools you need to develop the career you want – from mentoring, volunteering initiatives, tailored learning and much more. During this graduate programme, you will undertake exams and train towards becoming a chartered accountant through ICAS with first-class support and guidance along the way. Throughout studying for this qualification, educational support and study leave will be provided, but we expect you to ensure you’re suitably prepared for each exam.
As the largest digital bank in the UK we’re dedicated to helping Britain prosper. In 2018 alone, we helped over 100,000 companies start trading, lent £2bn to start-ups and helped 5,000 clients to export their products internationally for the first time – and this is just the start. As part of our team, you’ll not only represent Lloyds Bank but the other brands in our Group too, including Bank of Scotland and Scottish Widows. Our focus is on becoming the bank of the future, and with over 15.9 million digitally active customers and nearly 10 million mobile app users, we’re constantly exploring how to bring new digital solutions to the people who rely on us.
A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline from any university and an open mind.
The way we work
Everyone comes to Lloyds Banking group with different experiences, skills and knowledge, and these differences give us opportunities to learn and grow. It’s what makes our workplace unique and we encourage people from every kind of background to apply. It’s important for us, and it shows. Recently, we were named as one of The Times’ Top 50 Employers for Women for the 8th consecutive year, the Top Financial Employer and seventh overall in the 2019 Stonewall Top 100 employers list, and one of The Times’ Top 100 Graduate Employers.
The Finance Scotland programme is based in solely in Edinburgh, though some travel may be required.
Find out more and apply now.
Discover careers with real impact
Lloyds Banking Group
Impact 30 million customers, lead community projects and build the bank of the future – a career with Lloyds Banking Group is more than you’d expect.
Lloyds Banking Group Interview Reviews
16 July 2018
Firstly, I was asked to talk about myself, talk them through my CV. Then we moved on to the next stage asking me a duple of competency based questions focusing on team work...
04 November 2017
My telephone interview lasted around 30 minutes, and I was first asked why I wanted to join the programme. I was asked about why I wanted to join Lloyds, and about the key issues...
24 March 2015
The initial part was a one to one conversation with one of the recruitment team which tested my knowledge on PPI. Then I was invited in to complete an assessment based on the...
Sign up for job alerts - its free