|Salary:||£30,000 + company benefits|
The Finance Function
The role of the finance function is to help the business to understand historical performance and project the financial impacts of all future activity, by providing relevant, accurate and timely financial analysis.
You will need to be numerate and have the confidence and ability to share complex financial information and analysis with finance and non-finance colleagues. Through the Summer Internship we aim to give you a rounded exposure to the functions:
• Financial planning and analysis – responsible for all regular
performance reporting, planning and forecasting
• Management accounting – responsible for divisional financial control, monthly accounts preparation and facilitating cost control
• Transaction services – accounts payable and accounts receivable, cash and bank account management
• Strategic planning – working alongside the business to understand risks and opportunities through financial modelling
• Tax and Treasury – ensuring the business complies with tax legislation and minimises tax expenditure and facilitating the efficient funding and cash management of all business activities
• Investment appraisal – evaluating returns on past and potential future business investment to facilitate business decisions and assess previous ones
• Statutory accounting – preparation of statutory accounts and external public market reporting as well as audit management
In all of these roles you will have the opportunity to work alongside finance professionals and support and influence colleagues throughout the organisation.
The Summer Internship
During the 8 week summer internship you will gain an invaluable insight into our business, whilst developing your own skills and capabilities. Following a two day company induction, you will be working day to day as a fully integrated team member and also working as part of an intern group to address a ‘live’ business challenge.
The summer intern cohort also attend weekly ‘Lunch & Learn’ sessions to discover more about the breadth of our business and career opportunities. Interns are also encouraged to meet our most senior leadership and are equipped from the outset with personal impact training.
Your time on the summer internship is supported by a dedicated line manager and HR support. Clear objectives are set at the outset, with developmental conversations and one to one meetings provided on a weekly basis.
The summer internship programme also provides some memorable social and community events, ensuring you build strong relationships with your peers and that we contribute positively within the local community.
If you are successful on the summer internship, you may be offered a position on the 2019 Graduate Programme intake (inclusive of CIMA professional qualification).
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Competitive London Various
Competitive London ASAP
Competitive South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide 1-Jul-2019
Competitive International (Europe), London, International ASAP