Junior Web Developer (Graduate) - Commercial Services Group
- £25,000 + benefits
- South East, Aylesford
- Apply by:
- 21st October 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Junior Web Developer –
Are you looking for your first steps in a web development career with a large local organisation in Kent?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and design orientated individual with an IT related degree or experience and knowledge of web development to join us.
We are a diverse organisation that will enable you to work across the various business teams as well as continue your own development and learning journey via our learning platforms.
You will be reporting to the Digital Services Manager and become an integral part of our design and development team and be working on a range of projects which include our Websites and Applications.
If you would like a chat about the role feel free to contact David King
via the apply button below.
Purpose of the Job:
- To develop sites and applications to help the Digital team deliver great online products and services based on user needs and business objectives.
- You will assess user requirements and constraints, propose a solution through the use of design and prototyping tools and deliver working software through an iterative process, from where you will contribute to its continuous improvement.
- To investigate existing software functionality to answer support queries within established service level agreements. .
- Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role utilising PluralSights /Umbraco TV
- Promote and advocate best practices within the development team and throughout the business
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Development and maintenance of the C#.NET applications
2. Development and maintenance of the MVC web applications
3. Creation and management of Umbraco web sites
4. Ensure all developments fit within the overall system architecture and design strategy,
and make sure code is of a consistent and appropriate standard.
5. Manage and maintain the company codebase using industry best practice to provide full audit and control capabilities.
6. Work with all stakeholders to best prioritise system developments and deliver to agreed release schedules.
7. Manage the installation and/or upgrades of in house application from
time to time.
Click below to apply today!
Sign up for job alerts - its free