Junior Underwriter | £20K - £25K | Finance | Hertford
- £22,500 (per annum)
- Apply by:
- 5th January 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
Our client is a provider of bridging finance in the UK. They are a young, dynamic company providing short term residential and commercial finance offering a personal and committed service to their borrowers.
Our client are the lenders not the brokers, are able to give rapid decisions with a high lending completion rate at highly competitive interest and repayment terms.
This is a 6 month internship with the view to go permanent, based in
Hertford with a starting salary of between £20K and £25K.
What does the company do?
Our client is a property bridge lender that has recently formed a FinTech joint venture. As a result of this joint venture, our client is experiencing significant growth. This growth is based on their 10 year track record of lending in the sector and is being fuelled by the proprietary software. Our client operates with a very flat hierarchy that offers a highly motivated individual the chance to quickly develop a broad understanding of the property lending sector. The company's projected growth will offer significant scope for rapid advancement and for the candidate to make a material contribution to the future direction of the company's development.
How you can expect to spend your day:
No prior experience is required. You will work directly with the two senior underwriters, assisting both on all aspects of loan execution and servicing. You should be numerate and articulate, as comfortable reading lengthy legal documents as you are working with Excel. You will interact with a number of external service providers and should have a bright and engaging personality that allows you to quickly build relationships with key individuals at these organisations.
The job will entail a mix of responsibilities including the following:
- Liaising with brokers on new loan applications
- Collating all necessary documents in relation to new loan applications
- Undertaking credit and title checks
- Pipeline maintenance in the firm's proprietary system
- Liaising with solicitors to oversee progress on loan execution
- Writing credit committee memos
- Ongoing borrower communication to ensure a smooth process of repayment and early identification of potential defaults
- Providing feedback to the software development team to improve the system
The ideal candidate's personality and qualifications:
• Have a background in a degree that requires both numeracy and literacy
• Strong presentational skills - both oral and written
• Good skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Interested in both finance and technology
• Confident and articulate
• Looking for broadly based training
• Has an entrepreneurial focus
• Learns quickly and able to adapt
• Seeking an opportunity at the ground level of a very high growth company
• Has interests outside of work
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• The opportunity to work directly with the senior underwriters / business owners
• An opportunity to work in a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial company
• High levels of responsibility from day one
• The ability to contribute to business strategy
• Competitive salary
Sign up for job alerts - its free