Junior Technology Consultant DataOps/ Data Engineer
Are you passionate about technology? Want to get the best start to your digital career?
Every organisation is looking to gain an advantage using data and creating thousands of new jobs and careers for technical specialists to power their career with data analytics, machine learning and big data development. This will advance the specialist into opportunities within Data Science and AI (Artificial Intelligence).
Get fast-tracked into a pioneering career as a technology consultant working with innovative organisations like TalkTalk, IBM, Santander, Amazon partners and government organisations. Every day you'll use specialised data technology to power organisations into the future. This will forge a career that leverages data
analytics and engineering technologies that will help organisations deliver to their customers, whilst developing a skillset recognised in the industry as one of the most in-demand for the coming decade.
Although this role is advertised with a specific location you would need to be geographically flexible and willing to relocate anywhere in the UK.
What's in store:
- Training from seriously clever mentors
- DataOps is in demand - it is transforming how organisations shape their data for the cloud and develop intelligent high-speed systems that will shape their organisations' futures.
- You'll acquire Data Analytics, DevOps, Machine Learning, Cloud and Big Data skills by attending our 12-week consulting academy in Manchester's technology hub. Alongside consultancy skills that allow you to deliver technological skills that drive business value.
- Your career in digital consulting. After your training, you will work with one of our customers on their site - anywhere in the country.
- Push yourself and your career further Learning with QA does not stop after 12 weeks. We encourage you to continually learn and test yourself technically - so you can fulfil your potential. Join our Data community and gain knowledge from peers and senior consultants.
What's the job like
As a technology consultant at QA, you'll bring your technical expertise to our customers, helping them to use data insights..
- Learn to build cloud platforms and pipelines on platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Develop skills to build big data solutions using tools like Hadoop and Spark alongside your cloud skills.
- Learn to evaluate data and necessities that deliver business value.
- Use Machine Learning and AI to automate decisions.
· Work in agile teams and learn how to plan and deliver working systems
· Perfect your consulting skills to a high standard and professional level, ready to work with our prestigious customers.
- Free accommodation or a monthly bursary to help you relocate to Manchester's technology hub - MediaCityUK - during your training
- Industry-recognised certifications to boost your employability and promotability
- Salary of £23,500 post-training (if you're based in London this will increase to £26,500)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Regular social events (like technical talks and hackathons)
- Continued support to help you fulfil your potential - you'll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career with QA
What we need from you
- A genuine passion for technology and data - you should be able to demonstrate this on your CV. For example, have you learnt to code? Have you done any free online training? Have you built a website?
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies
- A go-getter with a can-do attitude
- Most importantly, you need to be willing to move anywhere in the UK - part of the job is working wherever the customer is
- You need be eligible to be able to apply for UK Security Clearance
- You need to have qualifications equivalent to or above A Level/Level 3/BTEC
Not a necessity but we'd certainly like…
- Knowledge of one of the following programming languages (whether that's in a job, in education or in your spare time): Python, Scala, Java, C# or C ++.
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
- Familiarity in using or developing databases using SQL
- Good maths skills - especially in statistics
- Any relevant qualifications in a technical subject.
- We will consider applications from a non-technical background, especially in maths, physics and engineering if you show aptitude, passion and enthusiasm for learning technology skills.
Supercharge your digital career. Click the link and apply now.
QA values and diversity
We're an equal opportunity employer. We are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It's QA policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, or any other basis protected by law.
QA Consulting Limited
QA Consulting is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Consulting Limited Interview Reviews
20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
15 May 2018
Normally, the assessment days are held at Worthing, outskirts of Brighton. However, NETBuilder managed to book a conference room with Manchester University, thus the assessment...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :junior technology consultant dataops engineer limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
6Capgemini UK Plc
South East, London, West Midlands, Birmingham, Woking
London, Soho (south east); Chinatown, Soho Square
5Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
6Capgemini UK Plc
South East, Worthing