Junior Technical Operations Consultant - Leeds
Graduate Technical Operations Consultant
About the role:
As a Technical Operations consultant you will be managing the IT systems, applications and services that are used as vital components of a business’s operations and will be responsible for resolving any incidents that arise. The training you receive at FDM will develop your skills in Linux and Window Base Operation Systems, SQL and Information Security. We will prepare you to take responsibility for a critical service or application, focusing on a more specialist area such as Infrastructure, Environments, Networking or Security. Training will also include Software Development Lifecycle and Service Management best practice using ITIL. This role is extremely diverse and your day-to-day routine would be unpredictable with an array of fresh challenges each day, tackling major incidents through root cause analysis. This is a fast-paced role and would suit people who have both excellent technical and communication skills, as well as being able to remain calm under pressure.
What we offer you:
- Industry recognised training, covering both technical and professional skills to ensure you are business ready
- Opportunity to work with our market leading clients, as part of their integrated teams
- Comprehensive support and development programme throughout your entire FDM career journey including continue professional development, mentoring and networking events
- Opportunity to gain ITIL Foundation certification
- Relocation support where applicable for training and assignment(s)
We ask you have the following:
- A degree level qualification (2:2 or higher)
- Exemplary communication skills
- A demonstratable interest and desire to work in technology
- Able to commit to the full 2-year graduate careers programme
Our purpose is to create and inspire exciting careers that shape our digital future. We want to make sure that the opportunity for a career in tech is made available to as wide an audience as possible and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer: it enables us to attract, recruit, train and deploy incredible people.
We are one of the largest employers of graduates in the UK and have helped thousands of people start their careers in tech. The FDM graduate programme starts with training through the FDM academy. Following this, you will be placed with one or more of our clients to work as part of their team as an FDM consultant for a period of two years. After the two years, you can continue your journey with FDM, you may be offered a permanent position with the client or you can pursue other opportunities.
With centres across Europe, North America and APAC, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer. Find out more about us, follow us on social #FDMcareers.
FDM Group is an award-winning company and the market leader in the Recruit, Train and Deploy industry.
FDM Group Interview Reviews
16 January 2021
07 July 2020
27 December 2018
The phone interview took 15 minutes asking questions such as why you want to work in the IT industry; what attracts you to FDM group; and general questions to gain a quick...