Junior Technical Analyst
Do you have a curiosity about technology but aren't sure what careers could be available in this area? Are you interested in kickstarting a career in a company recognised for its inclusivity, sustainability, and ethics? With Sopra Steria's Accelerated Digital Careers Academy, we'll give you the qualifications, skills and hands-on training needed to thrive in the IT industry.
Our Digital Academy focuses on two key areas: IT Project Management and Technical Engineering. Our ongoing training programme enables you to earn as you learn, gain industry standard certifications and the skills needed to set you up for your career within Sopra Steria, one of the UK's Best Workplaces™ for Technology, Women and Wellbeing.
What you need to know:
- Designed to make a real difference to people in the early part of their career, we will equip you with all the essential skills for starting your career in technology
- To support training and induction you will need to attend your closest Sopra Steria office in: London, Hemel Hempstead, or Edinburgh
- Throughout your career at Sopra Steria, you can expect to work with a range of our clients across the UK. We do offer hybrid working with the flexibility to work from home some of the time if you want to
- We really want you to succeed, so there will be lots of support from dedicated managers and mentors!
What you'll be doing:
Following the initial induction and with continued training and support, you will find yourself involved in various tasks where you will put your learning into practice. Depending on your chosen pathway, you could be:
- Monitoring and reporting on project performance. Collaborating with project teams to communicate project goals and make priorities clear
- Technical Engineering is a wide area with a number of pathways. This could involve supporting end users with IT issues; working on coding tasks; collating data to generate business insights; software testing; working alongside the Cloud team to build and support Cloud environments
- Whichever career path you find yourself on, we will be here to support you and ensure you have the skills to succeed
What you'll bring:
No formal qualifications are required, but we do ask that you have:
- Motivation and strive to recognise, absorb and apply your learning
- Team spirit - we work together and support each other, we share the same purpose and want to succeed
- Naturally curious with the ability to focus and communicate with diverse groups
- Community spirit - our social value responsibilities are at the heart of our business, and we are passionate about giving back
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary of £22,000, rising to £26,500 with successful completion of career milestones
- 25 days holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy up to 10 days
- Company pension contribution of 4%
- A 3% fund to buy the benefits that are important to you
- There are opportunities to volunteer in the local community, up to 3 days paid volunteering per year
- Discounts on circa 1600 retailers, including gym memberships, high street shopping and experience days
Your next steps…
Applications close in January 2023, so please apply online by clicking on the apply now button and upload your CV
We welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application.
We participate in the Disability Confident scheme and are committed to offering an interview to any candidate with a disability, who meets the minimum criteria for the role. If you believe this could apply to you, please let us know when completing your application.
QA is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Limited Interview Reviews
15 January 2021
20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :junior technical analyst limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Technology Consultant Programme
Starting at £30,000
Remote (work from home), London
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Software Test Consultant
London, Scotland, Yorkshire, Glasgow, Leeds
Information Technology Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South East, Portsmouth
KPMG 2023 Consulting – Governance, Risk and Compliance Services (GRCS) Programme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Technology Engineering Industrial Placement
Lloyds Banking Group
London, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire, Edinburgh, Manchester