Junior Risk Manager
- £22,000 to £26,000 + benefits
- 3rd July 2020
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
TigerWit is a UK-headquartered global financial technology company bringing fresh solutions to online trading. Through our group of companies - regulated worldwide - we deliver access to global interbank liquidity for our clients, allowing them to trade FX, precious metals commodities and indices.
The TigerWit team pioneers innovation that leverages and exploits new technologies. As individuals and as a company we focus on seizing opportunities where design, systems and processes can be upgraded and reinvented for the benefit of traders today and tomorrow. Through our own proprietary mobile trading app and we are using blockchain technology to return trust and transparency to the market and level the playing field to the advantage of all.
We want to work with people who share our values and spirit of imagination as we continue on a journey to disrupt and reimagine trading, bringing fresh thinking, ideas and innovation to an industry ripe for change.
• Independent risk insight and oversight for TigerWit’s asset classes – maintaining a detailed understanding of underling positions, risk drivers and market dynamics/volatility.
• Forming a view as to the appropriateness of risks being managed and the quality of the supporting risk measurement, management and reporting infrastructure.
• Maintaining an open and effective dialogue with senior managers in relation to risk issues, revenue outcomes, risk reporting and business/market changes.
• Providing effective challenge when necessary and facilitating risk awareness across the business.
• Ensuring the measurement of all material market risks – absolute and relative – utilising TigerWit’s market risk engines. In particular: maintenance and on-going development of feeds/mapping from TigerWit’s trading platform; maintenance and on-going development of risk modelling and analytics within TigerWit’s market risk engines; and on-going review of the accuracy and appropriateness of market risk measurement for specific markets.
• Aiding in the development and maintenance of the risk management systems including adequacy and appropriateness of internal limits.
• Production of timely, relevant and accurate reporting.
• Timely escalation and resolution of risk issues and market risk limit breaches.
• Contributing to value-add across the TigerWit team.
• An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, preferably in mathematics, economics, finance, or statistics.
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of underlying positions, risk drivers, market dynamics/volatility and stress testing/liquidity.
• Good interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to fully participate and successfully influence.
• Ability to remain independent and to demonstrate that independence whilst also providing practical and value-add solutions for the business, influencing outcomes positively for all stakeholders.
• Understanding of VaR, risk sensitivity, risk limits and derivatives including pricing and risk modelling would be a bonus.
• Ability to absorb, interpret, apply and communicate information effectively.
• Problem solving ability.
• Strong excel skills an advantage.
performance-related bonus, private healthcare, 25 holidays per year
Sign up for job alerts - its free