Junior Performance & Risk Analyst
- Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
- Apply by:
- 26th March 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Junior Performance & Risk Analyst | Liverpool Street, London
About the Company
Close Brothers Asset Management is one of the UK's largest and longest-established providers of high-quality financial planning advice and discretionary investment services. We aim to build and preserve our clients' wealth by providing a complete, personalised and professional service. We have specialised in managing client portfolios for over 40 years and our investment team and financial planners are supported by more than 550 staff, working from 8 offices across the UK.
We are looking for a driven, hardworking individual to join the Performance and Risk team at Close Brothers Asset Management.
We are a dynamic and high performing team of 5 analysts, but looking to grow as our demands continue to increase. The role is extremely expansive with the potential to develop a great set of unique technical and soft skills. As a member of the Performance and Risk team, we are always adapting to the ever changing needs of the industry; you will not only develop your own skills but also play a vital role in enhancing the development of the team.
On a daily basis you will be providing quantitative and qualitative analysis, building and updating tools for various business units across the firm, supporting front-office personnel on an ad-hoc basis, and representing the performance and risk team at investment meetings amongst many other things.
- Periodically monitor the underlying holdings and performance of core funds and segregated portfolios.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis, and produce detailed reports.
- Build and update analysis for various business units across the firm.
- Support Front Office personnel on an ad hoc basis, providing performance and risk analysis.
- Provide a link between Front Office and operations.
- Represent the Performance and Risk team at investment meetings on a daily basis.
Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with regulatory framework relevant to the role, whilst practising effective risk management taking account of outcomes for clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Attention to detail.
- Numerate and methodical.
- Eager to learn and an interest in developing a holistic understanding of asset management and multi asset investing.
- Proactive approach to solving problems.
- Able to manage own workload without direct supervision to ensure deadlines are met.
- Approachable and helpful, with good interpersonal skills.
- High score on Numeracy and Reasoning Tests (verbal and non-verbal).
- Basic Excel skills.
Rewards and Benefits
At Close Brothers we recognise the value of a work life balance, and have put together a benefits package that reflects this.
Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Pension – Group Stakeholder Pension Plan provided by Friends Life; 5.3% employee and 10% employer contribution.
- Life assurance – 4 times annual salary.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Annual Leave – minimum of 25 days as standard with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days’ additional annual leave every March.
- Plus further benefits including competitive family friendly offering , information available upon request.
- Equal Opportunities.
As an employer, Close Brothers is committed to equality and valuing diversity within its workforce. We provide equality of opportunity and will aim to ensure that no employee’s or candidates are subject to discrimination on grounds of any characteristics including but not withstanding gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, working pattern, caring responsibilities, political beliefs.
Sign up for job alerts - its free