Junior DevOps Engineer
hackajob partnered with BT Security deals with thousands of cyber-attacks every day so that millions of people can safely go about their daily lives and run their businesses. They deliver vital work at scale, with real breadth and impact. They connect for good.
This is an opportunity to play your part and protect their company, their customers and their communities from cyberattacks. Be part of a dedicated team and get ready to be challenged every day to make the most of your skills and experience.
You’ll learn from those around you, and from outstanding training and development resources to become even better at what you do. With the best technology at your fingertips, you'll be part of a friendly and flexible working environment where your contribution is always valued.
Why this Job Matters:
-Applied Research (AR) is a large multi-disciplined ‘professional services’ engineering practice. The team is organised in key customer-focused capabilities which each have sub-capability areas comprising single or multiple engineering delivery projects.
-Their AR mantra is “Technical Excellence in Delivery” and they deliver some amazing technical capabilities for their customers which can only happen if they recruit, train and support their people. You will bring new technologies and suggest improvements to current working practices.
What’s in it for you?
- Career progression in BT Security and across BT with their internal development programme
- Competitive salary
- Working requirements: On-Site full time
- Position Type: Full Time
- Contract: Permanent
- Discounted BT Broadband, TV & mobile packages and BT products
- On target Bonus
- Share options and 10% pension contribution
- Professional development and paid for industry certifications/qualifications
- Flexible benefits/rewards including dental insurance, healthcare, gym memberships etc.
- Well-being support for you and your family
- Flexible and smart working (subject to business needs)
What your responsibilities will be:
You’ll be helping their customers to develop and deploy new technical solutions following industry best practices. You will be managing Linux servers and network infrastructure.
- Understand customer problems and work on technical solutions
- Investigate and recommend new toolsets and processes to help develop and deploy their software
- Develop metrics to monitor and help diagnose live issues
- Automate time-consuming and repetitive processes
- Share knowledge both within the team and with their Special Interest Groups
- Influence customer decision-making in technical areas
- Take ownership of planning, developing and delivering project areas
- Makes technical decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives
- Collaborate with customers to understand complex technical problems
- Design and develop bespoke solutions
- Investigate, analyse and recommend existing software products to meet their requirements
- Participate in the code review process
- Create test suites to verify code correctness
- Participates in external activities related to own specialism, e.g. attending technical conferences, knowledge sharing
How to apply:
- Click the "Apply now" to access the company page.
- Press the button "GET MATCHED" where you will create an account for the chance to get matched to this role, and similar opportunities.
You need to be eligible to work in the UK:
-Candidates must have been based in the UK for 5 years
-Candidates must hold a UK passport or ILR or settlement in the UK
At hackajob, we believe in maximising people's potential. It's why we've made it our mission to make the hiring process fairer, faster and based on skills rather than backgrounds.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :junior devops engineer hackajob
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required) - TPP
KPMG 2023 Technology & Engineering Graduate Programmes - Nationwide
Sponsored Sales Development Representative / Business Development Representative
£30,000 Basic, £47,000 OTE
Remote (work from home), London
Graduate Technology Consultant Programme
Starting at £30,000
Remote (work from home), London
FDM Graduate Software Developer
Scotland, Yorkshire, Glasgow, Leeds
Competitive with excellent benefits
London, Scotland, International, International (Europe), Glasgow