|Salary:||£23,000 to £33,000 (DOE) + benefits|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Computing & IT, Internet & Digital Media, Science & Technology, Research & Analysis|
We are an established consultancy renowned for our expertise in Data Strategy and Innovation. Due to this reputation we are continuing to grow and are looking for bright, articulate individuals from data orientated disciplines of IT. A college or university STEM 2:1 (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) degree is desirable. We are assembling a team of highly skilled Linux DevOps Engineers to provide L2 support in a high profile project for a public sector client. This position will provide 24/7 support on a rotating day and night shift, an indication of how critical this project is for our client.
Working in one of the fastest growing markets in the world you will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most cutting edge projects in the field and work alongside the best in the business. The organisation holds the professional development and expertise of its consultants in the highest terms possible and you will be given access to the latest software before anyone else and will have unrivalled training and development opportunities.
• The opportunity to work in an agile development environment and play a
key role in the application delivery pipeline
• The opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and develop skills to embark on a career as a DevOps Engineer
• The opportunity to work on a high profile project that has real impact on the lives of everyone in the UK
• The opportunity to join an exciting team with a focus on helping you develop and gain valuable experience
• The opportunity to work with people who share the same values; professional, enthusiastic, eager to share and expand our knowledge and always seeking continuous improvement in everything we do
To be successful in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following abilities:
From a communication perspective, we are looking for articulate and engaging individuals. You must be able to demonstrate a confident, friendly and assured communication style, with the ability to listen and absorb information and demonstrate understanding with a proactive approach to problem solving. From a technical aspect you should be able to demonstrate your knowledge and be able to show your analytical mind, capacity to learn and develop new technical skills quickly. Individuals with skills and practical experience in any of the following technologies will be of particular interest to us.
Essential Technical Skills:
• Strong understanding of Linux
• An understanding of TCP/IP Networking
• Experience with System Scripting in Bash and Python
• Demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies with continuous self-improvement whilst keen to share knowledge and skills in an effort to further the capability of the team
• SC clearance or ability to meet criteria for SC clearance
Nice-to-have Technical Skills:
• Understanding of security aspects and experience with hardening a Linux system
• Understanding of working in a support environment and with issue tracking software, JIRA
• Understanding of using Git for software development
• Understanding of system scripting in Bash and Python
• Understanding of configuration management systems, in particular Ansible
• Understanding of monitoring tools, like Elastic Stack, and able to understand and make use of system metrics
• Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and tools, in particular Jenkins
• Understanding of Docker containerisation technology and associated tools
• Understanding of cloud orchestration with Kubernetes
• Understanding of using AWS or another cloud service provider, like GCP
• Understanding of monitoring containerised applications
• Understanding of microservices architecture and tools
• Understanding of agile development lifecycle
If you are successful with your application you will become a dependable contributor to a dynamic and fast-paced team, earning trust from fellow team members and the client alike. A sharp, intuitive consultant, who is self-driven and takes the initiative, whilst being a conscientious team-player, and that is comfortable to be led by a strong comprehensive project manager.
The role will be based in Croydon and/or Farnborough but please note, that this is with a consultancy company and as you progress you will be required to spend more time based on clients sites. Whilst every effort is made to keep consultants local to home, some travel across the UK is inevitable and must be something you can live with.
On offer is the opportunity to build a career with a consultancy that is making disruptive waves in the industry while starting with a strong salary and benefits package with huge opportunities for progression within the organisation.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 Visa sponsorship at this time.
£18,000 (per annum) London ASAP
£24,000 (per annum) London ASAP
£20,000 (per annum) London ASAP
£23,000 (per annum) London ASAP
Competitive North West, Manchester ASAP