Junior Cloud Engineer | SRE Specialist - Cambridgeshire and Stevenage
Stevenage is a major tech hub for our clients and we have roles available in the region year-round. It has lots of opportunities for graduates, especially if you want to work for an investment bank.
What you’ll do:
- As a Cloud Engineer and SRE specialist with Wiley Edge, you will support build and maintain complex applications in a global team environment.
- You’ll love seeing the impact you make when code you’ve written launches to the people who need it. If you stay on the lookout for new ways to get better results through software development, you’ll become an asset to your team.
What you’ll learn:
- How to design, develop, and test a full-stack application.
- How to demonstrate professionalism, including communication skills and personal interactions.
- How to explain industry concepts at a high level.
- An understanding of monitoring, supporting, and troubleshooting, and how it ties into good development processes.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related STEM subject (science, technology, engineering, maths)
- BTEC Software Development Level 5 and above or a
- Bachelor's degree + Coding experience (bootcamp or equivalent)
- Motivation to work in Technology
- Experience with OOP (object-oriented programming).
- Knowledge of software engineering principles and database concepts (SQL, stored procs, schema design).
- Skills in troubleshooting and debugging.
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle
- An understanding of test-driven development
- The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK
What you'll get:
- Fully paid, in-depth, interactive training in small classes with graduates like you. Our training is created and delivered by industry experts who know your field inside out.
- Pay rises every 6 months to reflect your progress.
- A flexible benefits package including gym membership.
- Ongoing training and support.
- Valuable industry experience. Ultimately, a foot in the door to build your career in an in-demand niche.
How to apply:
1. Hit ‘Apply Now’ to tell us a bit about you.
2. Complete the online assessment (we’ll send you a link by email).
3. Complete the interviews with our friendly talent team over phone and video.
4. Lastly, you’ll interview with one or more of our clients.
So you don’t miss out on your dream job, we encourage you to be open to relocating.
We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of each and every individual who contributes to making Wiley Edge the company it is today and will be in the future. We value diversity both within Wiley Edge and with our partner companies, and we're proud to provide an environment where all our colleagues can flourish. That means promoting a strong culture of equality but, most importantly, inclusion. We never want people to change - only add to the amazing mix of people that work for Wiley Edge.
Questions about our program and roles? Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiley Edge is a graduate talent partner, working with a range of clients from global investment banks to up-and-coming FinTech’s, to provide them top technology and banking talent.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :junior cloud engineer sre cambridgeshire stevenage wiley edge
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Cloud Engineer – paid to train
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required)
Graduate Software Test Consultant
London, Scotland, Yorkshire, Glasgow, Leeds
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
IT Support Graduate – Heathrow
£28,000 + Area Allowance
Graduate Software Developer, R&D
Up to £26,000 per annum
Pilkington Group Limited
North West, Ormskirk