About the Role
You will be required to effectively support procurement activities (e.g. planning, negotiation, procurement, relationship management etc.) across a range of fruit categories to ensure high quality raw material provision to PrepWorld requirements and in line with commercial expectations. The role also has a wider remit to represent procurement internally, to support management decisions and key value-adding activities, and externally, to customers and other important third parties.
You will also:
- Assist in the planning of orders to meet prescribed product programmes, making required adjustments on a weekly basis.
- Assist in the generation of long term supplier and sourcing plans and support senior management team in the creation and development of business-wide forecast, budgets, and other ad hoc plans as required.
- Support the procurement team in the creation and development of seasonal reviews with key suppliers against planned volumes and expected quality to identify successes and issues, to deepen relationship and improve service always aiming for 100% service level.
- Assist in monitoring and analysis of factory waste levels.
- Liaise with suppliers on a regular basis and as required to establish available stock levels and quality. Communicate details and update relevant plans, forecasts and schedules as necessary.
- Organise samples for the technical and NPD teams and collate feedback to distribute accordingly.
- Support the procurement team in the confirmation and monitoring of transport requirements, arrangements and deliveries as necessary.
- Help to communicate to internal and external stakeholders all scheduled activities including stock, packaging, transport and production capabilities to ensure all compliment and comply with planned orders
- Support and develop relationships with other key suppliers and stakeholders.
- Help to develop new supplier relationships, to support current procurement requirements and develop new areas.
- Assist in reviewing the supplier base and commercials to ensure that we are getting the best value for the money spent.
- Support the new product development process and be a key point of knowledge within the team in regards to fruit, seasonality and growers, updating supply calendars as required.
- Review, analyse and interpret relevant data, to present and use for procurement purposes – in line with strategies, business plans and requirements.
- Provide ad hoc reports as and when required.
- Establish effective working relationships with the supply base and travel/visit growers when required.
- Support effective claims process.
- Represent procurement to the account management team and ultimately customers in the absence of the Procurement Manager as required.
- Maintain regular and effective communications with all stakeholders, ensuring all aspects of, product availability, sizing and quality are communicated to internal and external stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner.
After training, you will be responsible for your own category of fruit, manage key relationships, research marketplace etc
Who we are looking for:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of supply chain process.
- Able to negotiate, influence and build effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Confident and resilient communicator with good negotiation skills.
- Computer literate – at ease with IT software including all packages of Microsoft Office. Excel skill essential.
- Independent with a self-organised approach and the ability to plan a workload and support other members of the team. Good time management and meeting time critical deadlines is essential.
- Commercial and financial acumen.
- Attentive to detail and administratively self-sufficient.
What we provide in return:
Successful Junior Buyers can expect the opportunity of working within an energetic, enthusiastic, and diverse team, source fruits worldwide, and enjoy international travels and an exposure to all UK retailers.
- Free parking
- Hybrid working
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Referral scheme
Days and hours of work:
Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 17:00 including 1 hour break.
At PrepWorld, we're prepared fruit specialists who are passionate about fruit.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :junior buyer prepworld
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Banking Services - London
Trainee Recruiters – Award Winning Recruitment (London)
Business Analyst Graduate Programme – Aug 2022
£24500 after training
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Programme - Professional Internal Auditor
The Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime
Supply Chain Graduate Programme (Southern Sites)
South East, South West, London, Enfield, Exeter, Southampton, Gravesend (west), Northfleet, Belvedere, Lessness Heath
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - TRIDENT INTERNATIONAL - West End, London
30,000 to 40,000 OTE