Junior Accountant, Fintech, £26,000
- £26,000 to £30,000 + benefits
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
FinTech / SME Lender
We are currently working with one of the most revolutionary FinTech startups in London. They are 1 of only 4 businesses in the UK to offer this specific type of lending. The business is very well back through a number of private equity firms and are now looking to grow the company exponentially over the next year.
Due to this planned growth, they are looking to bring a recent bright graduate into the team as a junior accountant to assist the finance, operations and underwriting teams to support management in their decision making.
Day to day this person will be doing tasks such as:
- Assisting with month-end financial reporting and other accounting tasks.
- Assisting the operations team with customer on-boarding and ongoing support.
- Supporting the underwriting team in assessing potential customers and monitoring existing customers (small businesses across the UK). This includes analysing new businesses and assisting the collections team with defaults and bad debts analysis.
- Liaising with sales team, management and customers during the application process.
- A number of ad-hoc projects
The company are looking for a bright graduate who is able to multitask and is well-organised. This person should also be motivated and have a desire to work for a disruptive start-up.
The right candidate will have the following skills:
- University degree in Accounting (the company can support applicant should they wish to do CIMA or ACCA exams)
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Strong computer skills (esp in excel)
- Some form of experience in a financial assistant or accounts assistant role
Sign up for job alerts - its free