IT Support 1st Line / 2nd Line Career Fast Track Devops / Cloud Glasgow
- Scotland, Nationwide, Glasgow
- Start date:
- June 2020
- Job type:
- Graduate job
IT Support - Career Fast Track - Cloud / DevOps
IT Technology Consultant
Are you looking to get back into work or advance your tech career but don’t have the opportunity or qualifications?
QA Consulting can provide you with the opportunity to begin a ground-breaking career as a Technology Consultant working with innovative organisations like Aviva, IBM and BAE. We’re looking for people in an IT support role (or similar), who want to learn new technologies and progress their career. This is a full-time, paid role, with training and certifications included.
Don’t have college or University level qualifications?
Had a career break?
Don’t have DevOps or cloud experience?
No problem… We’ll teach you everything you need to know. To embark on this opportunity all we ask is that you’ve had some tech/IT experience – in any field.
What’s in store
Every day you’ll use specialised technology to power organisations into the future – mastering automation with DevOps, and cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Microsoft Azure:
· Training from seriously clever mentors
DevOps and cloud are in demand – they’ve been shaping the world of technology for the last few years. You’ll master them with training at our 12-week consulting academy. You’ll also develop your business expertise so you can be a successful consultant.
· Your career in digital consulting
After your training you’ll work with one of our customers on their site – anywhere in the country.
· Push yourself and your career further
Learning with QA doesn’t stop after 12 weeks. We encourage you to continually learn and challenge yourself technically – so you can fulfil your potential.
· Competitive salary from day one – even during your training
· Industry-recognised certification in either AWS, GCP or Microsoft Azure – to boost your employability and career prospects
· Upskill into a growing industry with boundless opportunities for your future career
· Contributory pension scheme
· Regular social events (like technical talks and hackathons)
· Continued support to help you fulfil your potential – you’ll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career with QA
We also offer a fully-funded Master’s in Digital Consulting (awarded by Northumbria University) to eligible employees (if you have outstanding technical ability and meet the criteria to join the programme). Doesn’t matter if you don’t have a degree – you can still get a Master’s with QA.
What’s the job like
As a Technology Consultant at QA, you’ll empower our customers to develop and support cloud and DevOps – so they can be self-sufficient adopters. You’ll bring your technical expertise to the customer, wherever they are. You’ll help them to:
· Develop and maintain cutting-edge DevOps and cloud solutions, so they remain competitive
· Automate software integration and deployment, typically hosted in cloud platforms
· Cover a broad range of cloud technologies including AWS, GCP and Microsoft Azure
· Have outstanding knowledge of software development, Agile practices and automation
· Work in Agile teams delivering working software to our customers in a two-week cycle
· Perfect your consulting skills to a high standard and professional level, ready to work with our prestigious customers
What we need from you
· 2-5 years’ experience in a tech/IT role
· A genuine passion for technology
· Enthusiasm, aptitude and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies – from day one and throughout your career
· A go-getter with a can-do attitude
· A great communicator, with a passion for helping and working with other people
· Most importantly, you MUST be willing to move anywhere in Scotland – part of the job is working wherever the customer is
Get a boost to your tech career. Click the link and apply now.
QA values and diversity
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It’s QA policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
QA Consulting Limited
QA Consulting is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Consulting Limited Interview Reviews
20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
15 May 2018
Normally, the assessment days are held at Worthing, outskirts of Brighton. However, NETBuilder managed to book a conference room with Manchester University, thus the assessment...
Sign up for job alerts - its free