IT Graduate Scheme Advert – 2020 Intake - Hastings Direct
- Competitive + Benefits
- South East, Bexhill-on-Sea
- Apply by:
- 18th October 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
IT Graduate Scheme Advert – 2020 Intake
Our IT Graduate Scheme is designed to give graduates the exposure to our proactive, strategic, business-focused and highly specialised IT Delivery teams. During the scheme you’ll experience a wide range of different platforms, syntax and technologies; be taught by real experts in a highly collaborative, agile and supportive environment.
We are committed to coach, mentor and guide you to help you forge a career in this highly competitive industry.
During the 12 months of the scheme, you will experience different placements in our cross-functional IT Delivery teams including Application Development, Database Development and Application Support. Each placement is designed to be hands-on and you will work on projects that make a real difference to our business, involving:
- Designing moderately complex programs from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Creating, amending and tracking our programmes in accordance with the design.
- Conducting programme tests, correct errors and re-test to achieve error-free results.
- Providing support to our colleagues when they need us with an aim to resolve issues.
Our scheme is designed for you if you are passionate about IT, technology, have a hunger to learn and a drive to expand your range of skills. You will have regular interactions and work alongside a wide range of leaders and different departments across the business. You will be provided with bespoke career development, which will be tailored to you and your aspirations whilst giving you enhanced technical, communication, problem-solving and leadership skills.
Throughout your graduate scheme you will get a technical mentor and during each placement you will be assigned a buddy to support you on a day to day basis.
Education and skills required;
- A university degree (2:1or above) – any discipline (an IT based qualification is desirable)
- A solid foundation knowledge in IT technology.
- A hunger and passion for working with technology.
- An inquisitive nature.
- Self-aware – you are clear on your strengths and development areas.
- Ability to contribute to the conversation and comfortable with a variety of stakeholders.
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and problem solving skills.
Interview process & timeline in brief
- Applications reviewed within 2 weeks of submitting an application.
- Assessment days to be held week in December and January.
- Outcome and next step appointments to be made by mid – January.
Benefits for you
- Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- A competitive basic salary which will we share with you upon shortlisting.
- Bonus earning potential.
- 25 days holiday.
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, healthcare cash plan, Share incentive plan.
- Industry recognised qualifications (Microsoft SQL, Guidewire Fundamentals & SAFe for Teams.
- Discounted Hastings Direct products and high – street retailer discounts.
To apply now, please click on the button below.
Sign up for job alerts - its free