IT Graduate Programme
- £31,000 to £34,000 + benefits
- South East, Abingdon
- 30th December 2019
- Start date:
- September 2020
- Job type:
- Graduate job
IT GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Our IT graduate scheme covers all the areas of technology which help Newton operate. Across the 18 month programme you’ll cover areas such as software development, networking, cybersecurity, project management and support. You’ll also spend time with our Digital Solutions team to understand how technology helps them deliver client facing projects. Longer term, you’ll gravitate towards a role in a specific area. The continued growth of this team means prospects for career and personal development in this role are exceptional.
WE ARE NEWTON.
We’re a team of the brightest and most curious minds with a fundamental belief that every organisation can be better.
We crack some of the toughest business and public sector challenges of the day. Not with reports or copy & paste thinking. But by pinpointing and implementing the changes that will make the biggest difference.
We never start out assuming we know the answer. But we’re always certain we’ll find it and see it through to the finish. By uncovering the data that means the most important decisions are made with facts, not opinions. By bringing together a group of people who live and breathe delivering results. And by embedding in our clients this same passion, self-belief and know-how to thrive on any challenge in the future.
We believe so strongly in what we can achieve together that we stand by the founding idea of Newton – guaranteeing 100% of our fees against delivering results that are recognised by everyone, from the frontline to the boardroom.
We demand better in everything we do. We think you should too.
What is the role?
Newton’s IT team provide the technology which runs our business and enables Newton’s consultants to bring value adding change to our clients. As we continue to grow we’re looking for several bright and capable graduates to join our IT team, in permanent, full-time roles based in our Head Office in Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire.
We offer you a series of two to four-month placements in different functions, giving you the opportunity to add value and learn skills plus understand how technology adds value in a growing and entrepreneurial business.
You’ll work across all areas of the IT team such as:
- Support and Service Delivery – resolving issues for end users and identifying long term proactive changes to improve our efficiency
- Networking and Operations – maintaining and improving our network infrastructure
- Cybersecurity – keeping Newton safe and secure from the ever-evolving cyber threat
- Project and Product Management – working with end users to understand their needs, define changes and plan for their delivery
- Software Development – building improvements in the business applications which run our business
- Business Intelligence – working with our Digital Solutions team, you’ll be on a client site delivering clarity and visibility through data analysis and visualisation
In each area you’ll work alongside a member of our existing teams to understand those roles and gain hands on experience. We’ll help you define projects in each area, so you can build a permanent outcome.
As you work through the programme, you’ll gain an aptitude and inclination towards an area of IT and will progress into a specific role in IT within 18 months.
How do we develop and reward you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in Head Office functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities across any part of the IT team.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders.
For the duration of your Graduate Development programme, you will be working in your cohort with a Management Sponsor, who has been assigned to your group to provide guidance and support. The major part of the curriculum is structured around Breakfast Sessions called ‘Food For Thought’ (FFTs) which are coached sessions with exercises, peer support and time for personal reflection. These will be once every 6 weeks. You will also take part in some longer courses including the ‘Impact’ programme and our ‘Induction Training Camp’, both in offsite locations. Beyond the Graduate Programme your development will continue. You’ll have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression and receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday. Your overall starting package will be £31,000-34,000 per annum plus a £3,000 joining bonus.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, a 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
Your education, skills and experience
- You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
- You’ll be on your way to, or have achieved, a graduate or equivalent level qualification in a technology or STEM subject where you can show a passion for technology and have the below skills and attributes:
- A keen interest in technology and how it adds value to businesses
- Able to deal with a rapidly-changing environment and act on your own initiative
- Belief in demanding better in everything you see and then the drive to make changes happen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including being able to inspire others toward change
- Able to empathise with others
- Numerate and able to solve problems with a data-based approach
- Passion for personal development and able to self-reflect on your abilities
- Organised and able to prioritise competing demands
- A sense of humour and be a pleasure to work with
We value diversity
We value diversity. We recognise that the more diverse our people, the better we can operate as a company and serve the society in which we exist. We're an equal opportunity employer and we never discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Our clients hire us to deliver rapid improvements in operational performance and we recruit people that enjoy meeting demanding challenges and want to work in a dynamic, high reward environment.
Newton Interview Reviews
22 April 2018
After completing both a numerical and psychometric test online, I was invited down to attend an assessment centre. At the assessment centre there was around 12 of us. We started...
Sign up for job alerts - its free