Entry-level Information Technology Consultant (DevOps/Cloud)
Are you passionate about technology? Want to get the best start to your digital career?
Get fast-tracked into a ground-breaking career as a technology consultant working with innovative organisations like TalkTalk, IBM, Santander, Amazon partners and government organisations. Every day you'll use specialised technology to power organisations into the future - using DevOps to automate and streamline. DevOps is the next big thing in the development world - so you'll be in-demand.
We're looking for passionate techies - whether you've studied tech, got tech knowledge or want to get into the industry and have learnt to code in your spare time.
Although this role is advertised with a specific location you would need to be geographically flexible and willing to relocate anywhere in the UK.
What's in store
- Training from seriously clever mentors DevOps is in demand - it's been shaping the world of software for the last few years. You'll g it with training at our 12-week consulting academy in Manchester's technology hub. You'll also develop your business expertise so you can be a successful consultant.
- Your career in digital consulting After your training you'll work with one of our customers on their site - anywhere in the country.
- Push yourself and your career further Learning with QA doesn't stop after 12 weeks. We encourage you to continually learn and challenge yourself technically - so you can fulfil your potential.
What's the job like
As a technology consultant at QA, you'll bring your technical expertise to our customers, helping them to adopt DevOps.
- Automate software integration and deployment, typically hosted in cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Have outstanding knowledge of software development, agile practices and automation.
- Work in the space between software developers and IT operations teams, getting new software operational and usable for the end-user.
- Work in agile teams delivering working software to our customers in a two-week cycle.
- Perfect your consulting skills to a high standard and professional level, ready to work with our prestigious customers.
- Monthly bursary during your virtual training period.
- Industry-recognised certifications to boost your employability and promotability
- Competitive salary of £23,500 post-training (if you're based in London this will increase to £26,500)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Regular social events (like technical talks and hackathons)
- Continued support to help you fulfil your potential - you'll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career with QA
What we need from you
- A genuine passion for technology - you should demonstrate this on your CV. What have you done in your spare time, as well as your qualifications/knowledge? Have you learnt to code? Have you done any free online training? Have you built a website?
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies
- A go-getter with a can-do attitude
- Excited at the prospect of living and working somewhere new - part of the job is working wherever the customer is
- You should be eligible to be able to apply for UK Security Clearance
- You should have qualifications equivalent to or above A Level/Level 3/BTEC
We'd certainly like…
- Knowledge of one of the following programming languages (whether that's in a job, in education or in your spare time): Python, Java, C# or C++
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
- Qualifications equivalent to A Level/Level 3/BTEC or above (Bachelor's or Master's Degree)
- We will consider applications from a non-technical background if you show aptitude, passion and enthusiasm for learning technology skills.
Supercharge your digital career. Click the link and apply now.
QA values and diversity
We're an equal opportunity employer. We are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It's QA policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, or any other basis protected by law.
QA is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Limited Interview Reviews
15 January 2021
20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :consultant limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
KPMG 2021 Technology & Engineering Graduate Programmes
South West, West Midlands, North West, Yorkshire, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester
23,500 to 26,500
North West, Manchester City Centre, Blackfriars
Business Development Executive
£22500 to 31500 per annum
North West, Manchester
Graduate Sales Consultant
Up to £26000.00 per annum
We Are Aspire Limited
Deployment Specialist - TPP
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required)