|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||West Midlands, Henley-in-Arden|
|Sectors:||Finance, Research & Analysis|
Mercia is a national investment group focused on the creation/identification, funding and scaling of innovative technology businesses with high growth potential from the UK regions. Joining our new Investment Analyst team, you will play a key role by providing research and information to support sound investment decision-making.
JOB PROFILE (Key Features):
Our Investment Analysts will be responsible for:
• Researching companies and analysing company accounts.
• Making informed recommendations to Investment Managers; identifying and articulating associated risks or payoffs.
• Drafting and writing research reports and papers to Investment Managers.
• Developing financial models and projection.
• Reviewing previous investment decisions to understand the underlying thought processes.
• Closely monitoring financial press; tracking market and sector trends, opportunities, and risks.
• Examining and assessing economic and market trends, earning prospects, financial statements and other indicators and factors to determine suitable investment strategies.
• Potentially supporting the Senior Analyst in corporate evaluations.
• Investment request recording, data interrogation and management of WIP.
• Development of sector specific thought leadership pieces.
JOB HOLDER (Qualifications & Experience):
We are ideally looking for graduates with a STEM degree background, where you have achieved a 2:1 or above. If you hold an MBA or financial qualifications, these will be considered positively.
You will have 1 to 3 years of relevant Analyst work experience, or you may have completed an internship in private equity and venture capital investment, or other financial services environment.
You should have sound commercial acumen and strong analytical skills, to enable you to examine and interpret data from different sources and understand its impact on investment decisions. The ability to understand financial information, including financial statements, company accounts and sector data is required.
You will be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills, working with colleagues at all levels.
Strong Excel and database skills are essential, together with a good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate a keen interest and knowledge of the UK economy and financial markets.
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering email, detailing your availability to join us, via the Apply Now button.
Competitive + benefits Glasgow, Scotland ASAP
£18.5k to £22k + uncapped commission & benefits South West, Bristol, Nationwide ASAP
£26,091 to £29,694 South West, Cheltenham ASAP
£25,000 + benefits + pay reviews Leeds, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£30,000 plus benefits South East, London ASAP