International China Graduate Programme - Bakkavor
- Competitive + benefits
- 13th December 2019
- Start date:
- October 2020
- Job type:
- Graduate job
We are a world leading fresh food manufacturer and we are looking for the next generation of talented individuals to join bakkavor and drive our success
We are proud of our business and passionate about the food we make for the biggest names in supermarket retail.
If you share our passion for great food and our strong values then this company is for you
We have a diverse range of career opportunities and programmes available for you to kick start your career and make a real impact in the food industry
We are looking for our future business leaders and this three-year programme provides a fast-track route into management within the businesses that Bakkavor operates across China. Within the programme our UK and China teams collaborate to support early careers talent in our growing China operations. The programme offers a perfect blend of experience in the UK and exposure to the food market there and connecting this with your knowledge and experience of China to deliver fantastic quality products and great customer service.
The programme structure:
Year 1, United Kingdom – a 12-month UK-based placement – this could be within any of our UK factory locations and may involve several to give you breadth and exposure. Leadership, business and functional training will also occur in this placement.
Year 2 & 3, China – 24 months completing the programme, working in role. Some of the roles may be in Hong Kong, where this is the case it is clearly stated.
Year 4 and beyond, China – the future is yours – our programme is an accelerated one, so we want you to reach management roles within a short period after you have completed the programme, with real responsibility and opportunities to drive change and success.
WHAT WILL THE PROGRAMME OFFER YOU?
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
• A current starting salary, allowance and bonus package upon starting of up to 161,000 RMB once you begin your placement in China, increasing to 208,068 RMB in your 2nd year in China.
• For the UK-based induction and training placement year before relocating to China – your total UK reward package will be aligned to China and takes into consideration UK based living costs - £18,500 + £6,000 UK allowance.
• Relocation Financial Assistance (for each graduate placement)
• Support in securing your visa for the UK training placement
• A broad Support & Development Network
• A dedicated Champion for your functional programme – one in the UK, and one in China
• A Mentor to support and guide your development
• You’ll join as a Cohort, with up to 20 other UK graduates + our China Graduate Programme graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you.
• A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
• A Suite of Training & Development Opportunities
• Dedicated graduate leadership training events
• Programme Workshops and exposure to other functions
• Rotational Placements to broaden your experience
• Management Skills training
• A visit to China in your first year
• A 3rd year visit to the UK
Career Progression & Responsibility
This is an accelerated programme into management roles, and due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards senior leadership roles in the future
You’ll take responsibility for your work area and personal development from day one.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO APPLY:
• The most important thing for us is a motivated attitude to develop your career and an ambition to progress to senior leadership roles within Bakkavor. Whilst the programme is 3 years in length, our target is to offer your career opportunities to continue your professional development once the programme is complete.
• We do have some criteria that we will be looking for – you’ll need these to pass our assessment screening process:
• Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree or master’s degree in an area that relates to your chosen discipline – one of these should be from within the UK.
• Three months' or more of work experience in a professional type environment in any country, a role within the food industry or manufacturing, or related to your chosen discipline (for example, a 3-month office internship)
• An existing ‘right to work’ in the China, and have no restrictions to apply for a Tier 5 visa or work in the UK
• A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
• Flexibility to complete rotational placements, starting in the UK and relocating on a long-term basis in China (move to first placement, and move to second placement which can be in any of our locations)
• Fluent in Mandarin (we will also consider Cantonese)
• Graduates who align to the Bakkavor Values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
• A level of business and commercial acumen
• A preference is for candidates to have a driving license due to our remote locations for some placements, however this is not essential
• All placements are subject to successful right to work checks, and eligibility to work in the UK and China.
Sign up for job alerts - its free