International Asia Graduate Programme 2019 - Bakkavor
- Competitive + benefits
- International, Nationwide
- Apply by:
- 30th April 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
The International Asia Graduate programme, or Accelerated Management Scheme (AMS), is a 3 year programme that provides a fast track route into management within the International businesses that Bakkavor operate across Asia. We are looking for our future business leaders. This graduate programme is for our Asia manufacturing business, and represents collaboration between the UK and Asia teams, with a joint focus to support early careers talent into our growing Asia operations. Importantly, for each new cohort, the programme is shaped by the needs of the Asia business, and the UK’s role is to support the UK element of the programme and any on-going development once graduates transfer into the Asia business.
The programme structure:
Year 1: United Kingdom – a 12 month UK based placement – this could be within any of our UK factory locations, and may involve several to give you breadth and exposure. Leadership, business and functional training will also occur in this placement.
Year 2 & 3: China – 24 months completing the programme, working in role. Some of the roles may be in Hong Kong, where this is the case it is clearly stated.
Year 4 and beyond: China – the future is yours – our programme is an accelerated one, so we have ambition for you to reach management roles within a short period after you have completed the programme, with real responsibility and opportunities to drive change and success.
What will the programme offer you?
• Experience and knowledge in one of the world’s leading providers of fresh prepared foods
• Real responsibility and achievement
• Accelerated learning, development and experience, with the aim to achieve a management role within a few years of finishing the programme
• Regular performance reviews and a skills chart to support your learning
• Networking opportunities across the UK and our Asia business
• A personally assigned mentor
What you will need:
• Have achieved or are expected to achieve a 2:2 or higher honours degree, or equivalent qualification, which relates to your chosen functional discipline. We consider masters degrees as well.
• A passion for food, and to work with an innovative food company.
• Three months’ experience working in a related field to your chosen discipline, or a manufacturing or professional services environment.
• A motivation and alignment to the programme you are applying for, with an ability to explain why you want to progress in that area
• The pace is fast, so excellent organisational skills are a must.
• You will need to combine your interpersonal and influencing skills with a business-focused approach
• An ambition to complete a 1 year placement in the UK, before permanently relocating to China at either our head office or one of our factory locations, depending on your role.
• A language proficiency for China or Hong Kong (i.e. Mandarin, Cantonese) – with excellent verbal and written English language skills
It may also benefit if you have a UK or EU driving license, however this is not essential.
All placements are subject to either having the appropriate right to work, or being successful in securing a work visa. Bakkavor will support throughout this process.
What we offer:
• A current starting salary, allowance and bonus package upon starting of 151,000 RMB once you begin your placement in China, increasing to 208,068 RMB in your 2nd year in China
• For any of our Hong Kong roles, the salary, allowance and bonus package reflects the local market and accommodation costs.
• A UK based induction and training placement year before relocating to China – your total UK reward package will be aligned to China, and takes into consideration UK based living costs - £18,500 + £6,000 UK allowance.
• If required, full support in securing your visa for the UK placement.
• Relocation expenses and assistance for each placement set up.
• Access to training and development workshops – including an understanding of leadership behaviours and principles in your 1st year in the UK
How to Apply and What to Expect:
Please apply through our website, at www.bakkavor.com/careers. We are currently accepting applications for a start in September or October 2019 on the UK placement. Relocation and a start in China will be in September or October 2020. Please apply to one role, if you are interested in another please let the recruitment team know.
If you would like more information, please email SP.GraduateEnquiries@Bakkavor.com
We will review your application, and check that it meets our requirements, before inviting you to complete a telephone interview and some online psychometric tests. If successful, you will then proceed to an assessment centre, involving interviews with some of our UK, and China based colleagues. These are currently scheduled for the 2nd week in June.
Sign up for job alerts - its free