Instrument Systems Graduate Engineer - Airbus
- £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000
- South East, Portsmouth
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
This opportunity exists within the Space instrumentation group of the Earth Observation, Navigation and Science (ENS) business unit of Airbus Defence and Space Ltd. In Portsmouth we have a long heritage in development, build and test of space-borne radar and passive microwave sensors for Earth observation. Working within a trans-national organisation and with an emphasis on technology you will be involved in a variety of programmes from studies and R&D through to space-flight integration and test, in an innovative environment dealing with unique and challenging new instrument concepts.
Main activities of the role may include;
• State-of-the-art technology studies
• Review & preparation of hardware / software requirements
• Development & analysis of conceptual designs, including use of CAD
• Preparation of budgets for, e.g. mass and power ¤ Prototyping laboratory work ¤ Participation in airborne trials
• Preparation of reports and presentations ¤ Participation in meetings with customers and suppliers
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
• Passion for engineering design and innovation
• Keen interest in, and some understanding of the space industry and related Airbus activities
• Ability to take initiative and operate effectively with minimal supervision
• A practical capability and positive mind-set ¤ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with office software applications and CAD
• Good interpersonal communications and team-working
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Applications will be accepted from 17th September 2018 - 11th November 2018.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Sign up for job alerts - its free