|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South West, Filton, Little Stoke|
|Sectors:||Computing & IT, Management|
Description of the job
The department you'll be working in is a transnational team responsible for the support of a wide range of software critical to the development of multiple aircraft. In particular the department are the focal point for support of CAx (Computer Aided technologies) and DMU (Digital Mock-Up) tools, supplier management and supply chain management.
This role is suitable for a student studying an ICT related or Business degree but may also be suitable for a student studying an Engineering degree, provided they have a keen ICT/Business process interest.
You will be assisting the core CAx and DMU team with the following activities:
- Leading proactive, agile projects on behalf of the team.
- Conducting root cause analysis and investigating critical failures of software.
- The opportunity to suggest improvement projects, and then run these projects (within a specific budget).
- Develop prototypes/technical demonstrators that require a basic level of software development knowledge
Over the course of a placement year you will have an opportunity to learn various skills, including:
- Software development and support processes in a world-wide
- Transnational networking internally within the department and externally with customers.
- Time and project management skills. - Software application configuration skills/processes.
- Team working skills.
- Opportunity for "on the job" CATIA V5 and ITIL framework training.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement, studying towards an ICT, Software Engineering, Business or Engineering degree, with a keen interest in ICT.
The following skills are also required:
- Good ICT skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good written, verbal and communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of 3D design tools such as CATIA will be beneficial - Knowledge of ITIL is advantageous
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief
£18,000 pro rata + £1,000 signing on bonus Nottingham, East Midlands ASAP
£18,000 to £20,000 plus benefits South East, South West, London, Central, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire Various
£18,000 to £20,000 plus benefits Scotland, Northern Ireland, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland Ongoing
competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, Central, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP