Industrial Placement Year
- £20,000 to £23,000 negotiable depending on experience + stock options + benefits + OTE + bonus + expenses pro rata + share scheme with salary review
- Start date:
- August 2020
Have you considered an industrial placement / Sandwich year within Recruitment?
Powergrads Industrial Placement program will give you a unique insight into the world of work and hands-on experience of life in business. Our flexible placement will see you running your own desk, working alongside high performing consultants and interacting with both clients and candidates. As a result, you’ll be equipped with the skills you’ll need to succeed once you finish university. From working in the industry for a number of years, I can tell you that the skills you’ll learn here with be incredibly valuable.
Your new role
Reporting into the Director of the business, your role will involve interacting with potential clients and candidates, building relationships and therefore placing candidates into suitable roles. It’s a busy, fast-paced and high-volume environment and you’ll be responsible for sourcing top talent and looking after the entire recruitment process. You will be screening a high volume of applicants whilst managing several different positions at any one time. We offer an environment that’s fast paced, fun and rewarding.
What do we do…?
Powergrads help awesome graduates who are finishing up with education find work in the Sales, Business Development and Recruitment industries. This industry is an absolute minefield, with so many companies offering unrealistic packages and the promises of consistent holidays and bonuses. These companies then give you very little information on what they do and make you jump through impossible hoops just to find out more information about them. We are streamlining this process, making it easier for both our candidates and our clients to find each other. We are investing in a video platform meaning companies will already feel like they know you when they meet you. We will provide you with a job specification for every opportunity and tell you more about the people you are likely to meet throughout an interview process.
What we are looking for…
If you have great communication skills and are considering where to apply for your Industrial placement / Sandwich year, then we would be keen to hear from you. We would also require you to be:
· Seriously driven. 100,000’s of students finish education every year, your drive is something that sets you apart.
· Motivated. What gets you out of bed in the morning…? Is it a chance to make some great money…? Is it the chance for you to progress you career…? Is it just making a difference…? Whatever it is, as long as it gets you out of bed in the morning, and as long as you can affect it in your job, then that’s what we and our clients are looking for.
· Resilience. Here’s that buzz word that everyone hates… have you been knocked down in life…? Have you been told no before…? Have you had to deal with less than perfect customers before…? In Recruitment and Sales, you will unfortunately be told ‘no’ more times than you get told ‘yes’. It would be the best job in the world if you didn’t. You need to be able to bounce back from a rejection (your drive and motivation will help you with this!)
· Fun. Imagine working with boring people making your day drag. Imagine not being able to go out after work on a Thursday and/or Friday and have a couple of drinks. We all want to work with people with a sense of humour, so if you would consider yourself a ‘fun’ person, then you’d be great in these types of environments.
If you want to work for a start-up company looking to grow by doing things really well, then we want to hear from you. . We have an awesome office right in the City of London, free tea, coffee and biscuits (that’s important, trust me) and will give you full support and training from day one. Most importantly for you, we’ll make sure you feel like any other employee in the business.
IT Graduate Recruitment
Sign up for job alerts - its free