|Sectors:||Computing & IT, Management, Sales, Research & Analysis|
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and Event Company.
About the position:
• Do you have a good understanding of sales and events?
• Are you excited at the chance of having the opportunity to work for IDC, a leading IT market research and consulting company?
Your job as a Sales Executive for Delegates would be primarily to
position IDCs end user services to executives where possible/needed by
contacting executives by telephone (primary) and email (secondary) in
order to solicit their attendance to IDC events (custom dinner events
• Business Development — contact business executives by telephone in order to solicit their attendance to IDC events.
• Lead Generation — Source relevant business executives to include within IDC’s database
• Marketing Support — following up with potential attendees with email communication of information relating to the event
• Contact update – Updating spreadsheets with the outcome of the call made to contacts. Achieve goals with positive collaboration with all relevant IDC business units
• Plan and execute strategies to develop and maintain relationships with accounts and drive new business opportunities
• Undertake regular business reviews with management to evaluate performance and client growth opportunities
• Any other ad hoc duties
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with great communication skills, a positive ‘can do’ attitude, and the ability to form strong relationships both internally and externally who have the following characteristics:
• Must have a previous background in events, or delegate sales and would suit an established, high achieving sales professional with proven experience in delegate sales within the events field
• Ambitious, high potential sales professional who is seeking a challenging career opportunity with an international culture
• Comprehensive understanding of events and the role it plays within vendor organizations
• Have the capability to position technology events to prospective senior level delegates – including conversant with the “language” of senior business professionals
• Collaborative team player with capability to also work autonomously, whilst taking initiative
• Skills in effective closing and objection handling
• High proficiency in spoken and written English
• Excellent Excel knowledge and general proficiency of MS Office
A position in a highly professional and respected firm, where initiative leading to results are rewarded. IDC is a global knowledge company with a broad range of career challenges and opportunities and you will become part of a dynamic, international trained network with a driven and collaborative culture.
Our remuneration packages are competitive and individual. We encourage all nationalities and both genders to apply for the position.
£20000 to £21000 per annum plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus London ASAP
£20000 to £25000 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus stock options plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus Central ASAP
£20000 to £22000 per annum plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus London ASAP
£22000 to £25000 per annum plus OTE plus Bonus plus share scheme London ASAP
£24000 to £25000 per annum plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus London ASAP
£22000 to £35000 per annum plus OTE Central ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide Ongoing
£44,00 + benefits United Kingdom, Nationwide Various
£24,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Pension Scheme West Midlands, Birmingham ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London
competitive plus benefits London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Wales, North West Various
£25000 to 35000 per annum London 22-Dec-2017
£18,500 plus bonus negotiable South East, Central, Oxford, Reading ASAP
£22000 to 34000 per annum, Mobile phone, Laptop and iPad South East 8-Dec-2017
£29,000 + benefits London 1-Jun-2018
Competitive East Midlands 11-Dec-2017
competitive East Midlands, West Midlands, Leicester, Rugby ASAP